Recruiting Florida lands OL Transfer

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Our former coach would have spent the entire month of June doing nothing to address our most glaring weakness and the entire month of August telling us were FINE. I don't care if we go 0 - 24 over the next two seasons i'm so glad that man's gone.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n233001 said:
I thought this was interesting because it was against Butch Jones' team.

0-2 against Driskel/Backup/Muschamp, lost to Derek Dooley, and gave up a 2 point conversion to Fordham.:lol:

Maybe we can run that against Jones again this season.

S

skyflake

Founding Member
Founding Member
How looney are you folks? Crowing about a 3rd team FCS All-American that was flipped from Old Dominion? Once again, you bash Muschamp, yet he at least got a transfer offensive tackle from a real school when he got Max Garcia from Maryland. Also UF has had FIVE offensive linemen drafted in the past couple of years, four this past year. If Summers is so hot, why couldn't UF block anybody not named Georgia last year with FOUR NFL draft picks? I think you are all on drugs, that's the only explanation for getting excited about a player coming from Fordham. You once again fail to see the forest for the trees, it's not the offensive line that is the problem in Gainesville. It's the awful skill position players. UF has only one, Demarcus Robinson that is anything. The quarterbacks, running backs, and other receivers are all bums that wouldn't start on any top 25 team. Sober up and join the real world where guys from Fordham are not wanted by anyone but a second banana coach like McElwain.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
For anyone doubting this guy, just remember how Ga southerns Oline manhandled our D line......

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n233069 said:
For anyone doubting this guy, just remember how Ga southerns Oline manhandled our D line......

Well perhaps an idiot coach had something to do with that. Since it seems that they would not throw the ball how about man to man on receivers and blitz everyone else in various exotic ways. Sell out at least on some series. Do something unusual on offense as well since we had injuries. Champ never even thought of such.

Whatever!!!

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
VulcanAlex;n233933 said:
Well perhaps an idiot coach had something to do with that. Since it seems that they would not throw the ball how about man to man on receivers and blitz everyone else in various exotic ways. Sell out at least on some series. Do something unusual on offense as well since we had injuries. Champ never even thought of such.

Whatever!!!

Yup. Everyone continues to say how great of a coach chump is....I will never forget that game.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If nothing else he will provide quality depth.... Something that we will desperately need this year. He may even end up being a starter by the end of the year if we have injuries.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n234249 said:
If nothing else he will provide quality depth.... Something that we will desperately need this year. He may even end up being a starter by the end of the year if we have injuries.

He will start game one.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He may play guard but I expect him to be one of our top three linemen.

He was a two time All American. Not All Conference, but All American. Div 1aa is full of Div 1a transfers of all types, plenty of Jenoris Jenkinses and Randy Mosses who have top talent but managed to end up in in 1AA, and this guy was one of the best in the country.

He may well be the best player on our line next year.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty big guy and if he can play.......I thought Guard right off the bat for him. Put him next to Ivey.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n234357 said:
Pretty big guy and if he can play.......I thought Guard right off the bat for him. Put him next to Ivey.

The guy is a natural and experienced LT with 2 all-American years. Put Ivey next to HIM.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe but there's a lot more thinking that goes along with playing interior line. Not good for a freshman. It's more of an issue of who CAN play inside because our inside guys are putrid.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n234405 said:
Maybe but there's a lot more thinking that goes along with playing interior line. Not good for a freshman. It's more of an issue of who CAN play inside because our inside guys are putrid.

Well, put him at center if necessary. That's where the line calls are made. Blocking schemes will probably have to be simplified this year,

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.