Florida Man

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Time for a bump.

Florida man with half a head arrested for attempted murder

half20a20head3_1476896488338_2182693_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Police say Carlos Rodriguez, 31, set his mattress on fire at his Miami home Monday afternoon. Two victims were inside a duplex connected to the house and police say the fire posed a threat to the occupants.
Rodriguez, who goes by the nickname, "Halfy," is seen on a YouTube video explaining how he lost half of his skull in an accident.

On the video, he says he was "barred out on drugs" when he hit a pole with his car and flew through the windshield and landed on his head. "It's no good drinking and driving," he said, while smoking a joint on the video.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
I thought about posting this in the Darwin awards.

Florida man tries to trade in stolen vehicle at same dealership he stole from, police say (fox13news.com)

A Florida man tried to trade in a vehicle from the same dealership he stole it from, police said.

Lake City police responded to a report of a stolen vehicle at a Chrysler Dodge Jeep dealership on Monday, WTLV-TV reported.
Employees told officers that a man was trying to trade in his vehicle for a new one. But upon checking the VIN number, they found that the vehicle was stolen from the dealership’s lot a few days earlier.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I thought about posting this in the Darwin awards.

Florida man tries to trade in stolen vehicle at same dealership he stole from, police say (fox13news.com)

A Florida man tried to trade in a vehicle from the same dealership he stole it from, police said.

Lake City police responded to a report of a stolen vehicle at a Chrysler Dodge Jeep dealership on Monday, WTLV-TV reported.
Employees told officers that a man was trying to trade in his vehicle for a new one. But upon checking the VIN number, they found that the vehicle was stolen from the dealership’s lot a few days earlier.
Back in my Public Defender days, I had a client steal an elderly woman’s ID. Even had a D/L with her face and old lady’s name.

Goes to the Lexus dealership and buys a brand new Lexus ES 350 with the old woman’s check book. Drove off the lot, with title in hand, in that Lexus.

She got caught when she took the car back to the dealership for the free oil change. Smart enough to pull the scam, dumb enough to get caught because she wanted to save $30 for an oil change on a stolen car.

That my friends, is a true story.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Back in my Public Defender days, I had a client steal an elderly woman’s ID. Even had a D/L with her face and old lady’s name.

Goes to the Lexus dealership and buys a brand new Lexus ES 350 with the old woman’s check book. Drove off the lot, with title in hand, in that Lexus.

She got caught when she took the car back to the dealership for the free oil change. Smart enough to pull the scam, dumb enough to get caught because she wanted to save $30 for an oil change on a stolen car.

That my friends, is a true story.
And I for one, absolutely believe it.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Time for a bump.

Florida man with half a head arrested for attempted murder

half20a20head3_1476896488338_2182693_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Police say Carlos Rodriguez, 31, set his mattress on fire at his Miami home Monday afternoon. Two victims were inside a duplex connected to the house and police say the fire posed a threat to the occupants.
Rodriguez, who goes by the nickname, "Halfy," is seen on a YouTube video explaining how he lost half of his skull in an accident.

On the video, he says he was "barred out on drugs" when he hit a pole with his car and flew through the windshield and landed on his head. "It's no good drinking and driving," he said, while smoking a joint on the video.
He looks kinda like one of the villains in the old Dick Tracy comics. Mumbles, Pruneface…Half Head :dunno:

When I was a kid, my grandparents got the Times/Union and Dick Tracy was my favorite in the Sunday comics.

Villains

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I want to hear more about this wizard guy. Not sure ripping this guy off was the smartest move in the world - he appears to have little to no sense of humor - but it was pretty gutsy.

I’m so torn. Part of says Polk, definitely Polk. But the wizard part has me thinking Pasco isn’t sitting this one out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.