Gator Basketball ***Florida @ Mississippi St BBALL Game Tread***

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I'm guessing you all noticed that Fudge missed pretty much the entire second half after banging his head on the floor right after halftime. Only played 12 minutes total. I would think that had an impact in the team's 2nd half performance.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought the same thing. Pretty embarrassing for ESPN as well since these kinds of things happen all the time in college basketball and football.

You get paid for EXPERT analysis, is it too much to ask that you dust off a rule book every once and a while?
But if the play is blown dead in the backcourt due to a jump ball or a deflection out of bounds, the 10-second count does NOT reset.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm guessing you all noticed that Fudge missed pretty much the entire second half after banging his head on the floor right after halftime. Only played 12 minutes total. I would think that had an impact in the team's 2nd half performance.
I believe that he also picked up his 4th foul.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Needed this win and need the win vs the cocks on Wednesday. The next stretch is brutal after SC....at K State, Voles at Home, at UK, at Bama. Probably go 0-4 during those games.

Last edited:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
But if the play is blown dead in the backcourt due to a jump ball or a deflection out of bounds, the 10-second count does NOT reset.

Correct.
The announcers got that part right. After that UF called a timeout which eliminated the existing clock since you are trading a timeout for a new 10 second clock.
The expert announcers on ESPN were convinced that we committed a backcourt violation which was incorrect.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Dr Evil Whatever GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members