Florida played a good game

What is UF's record against USC, UGA, and Missouri?

• 3-0

Votes: 52 40.9%
  • 2-1

Votes: 62 48.8%
  • 1-2

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • 0-3

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Am I disappointed? Yes. However, look where we are today. We're competitive again and it feels great... especially after feeling like a beaten dog for 10 years. Until Mullen got here it felt hopeless to play in games like this. Now I look in the chat box before games and I see confidence in our team again. Look no further than our passing game.... we haven't seen a forward pass in 10 years.... now we're slinging it all over the yard!

We need to improve in recruiting and still have some deficiencies but damn if I don't love being relevant again. Winning the LSU game is irrelevant as it all comes down to beating Georgia anyhow. Stay optimistic and Go Gators!

I like your attitude but beating LSU is never irrelevant. Go Gators!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If that were true we are a very happy fan base this morning. If Trask plays the whole game, we win.
I hear ya but I’m still not sure of that. We had to GRIND for every score while LSU looked like they were playing a scrimmage on offense.
IF we were gonna win last night, we had to win the turnover battle and we generated exactly ZERO, while we a had a couple of our own.
LSU’s offense is legit. I doubted it before last night, but not anymore. Hopefully we get another shot at those corn dog eating m’fers in Atlanta!

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
If that were true we are a very happy fan base this morning. If Trask plays the whole game, we win.

We both agree that Trask should have been left in. And stop running him like he's EJ. He's a gunslinger, use him that way. But just leaving Trask in would not have won us the game. Our defense was so bad that the offense had zero margin for error. I mean we had 450 yards of offense, 4 td's and 1 int. And we still lost by 2 td's.

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't expect to go 12-0, but UF could have won that game last night. In my opinion, the reasons they didn't win the game were avoidable, which is what's frustrating for me.

We'll see if the team can bounce back mentally.

Avoidable? No defensive tackles, and both pass rushers out. With that formula, there isn't a way to AVOID a loss. Who did we keep on the sidelines that should have been in the game? What magic trick would you have pulled out of your hat that we kept hidden? Zuniga and Greenard used individual talent to cover up for a lack of team talent. With both of them gone, the hat was empty.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We both agree that Trask should have been left in. And stop running him like he's EJ. He's a gunslinger, use him that way. But just leaving Trask in would not have won us the game. Our defense was so bad that the offense had zero margin for error. I mean we had 450 yards of offense, 4 td's and 1 int. And we still lost by 2 td's.
The more Trask is in, the less time the LSU offense has to gash the Gators. In a game like that, you can't afford to throw away a series here and there like we did.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Avoidable? No defensive tackles, and both pass rushers out. With that formula, there isn't a way to AVOID a loss. Who did we keep on the sidelines that should have been in the game? What magic trick would you have pulled out of your hat that we kept hidden? Zuniga and Greenard used individual talent to cover up for a lack of team talent. With both of them gone, the hat was empty.
Zuniga really isnt a game-changer himself either.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I see what you're saying about Trask, Ox, but it's also painfully clear his interception in the end zone is a main reason we didn't get closer to winning. Truthfully, I think Mullen would rather leave EJ out there but he's just not ready yet. If we go in the tank as the season goes on, Trask will play less.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I see what you're saying about Trask, Ox, but it's also painfully clear his interception in the end zone is a main reason we didn't get closer to winning. Truthfully, I think Mullen would rather leave EJ out there but he's just not ready yet. If we go in the tank as the season goes on, Trask will play less.
Yeah, Trask made a mistake, it happens from time to time. I guess we should bench his ass. :rolleyes3:

If Mullen continues to eff with Trask I really hope Trask transfers at the end of the year. He's earned a real shot somewhere else.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
If he was gonna, he already woulda. Haven't you been listening?

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
This in a nutshell!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If he was gonna, he already woulda. Haven't you been listening?
He didn't know he could play before. Now he does. He didn't think he had a shot at the NFL before. Now he does.

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
We cant bc of our garbage LBs and safeties. Cant play man.
I disagree slightly. Sure we need to recruit at a higher level at those positions no doubt. But I don’t think the lack of talent at safety and LB cost us the game. The lack of pass rush in my opinion was the biggest factor. I mean did we even get pressure more than a handful of times? Much less sack that goofy looking bastard

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator