Florida played a good game

What is UF's record against USC, UGA, and Missouri?

• 3-0

Votes: 52 40.9%
  • 2-1

Votes: 62 48.8%
  • 1-2

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • 0-3

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters

theoriginalmadgator

Aug 16, 2019
I disagree slightly. Sure we need to recruit at a higher level at those positions no doubt. But I don’t think the lack of talent at safety and LB cost us the game. The lack of pass rush in my opinion was the biggest factor. I mean did we even get pressure more than a handful of times? Much less sack that goofy looking bastard

Our LB play was putrid.....safety play wasn't much better. That being said, our team this year does have some glaring deficiencies and in my opinion our coaching staff has been first rate in putting together schemes and game plans that not only minimizes exposure to where we are weak but also plays to our where we are strong.

If Mullen and the crew can start landing some 5 star difference makers (and we don't need Bama or Clemson type classes) then we will take the next step forward to being a true title contender.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Ok
We are not an elite team! The pumpers need to pump the brakes. We are a top twenty program. Until the UAA invests in this thing we will hit a ceiling real soon. We need better everything!

Better students that support the team!
Better facilities.
Better coordinators.
More support staff.
Most importantly better athletes. You get these when you complete the above stated facts.

For now enjoy the improvement from the butterhumper days.

theoriginalmadgator

Aug 16, 2019
Avoidable? No defensive tackles, and both pass rushers out. With that formula, there isn't a way to AVOID a loss. Who did we keep on the sidelines that should have been in the game? What magic trick would you have pulled out of your hat that we kept hidden? Zuniga and Greenard used individual talent to cover up for a lack of team talent. With both of them gone, the hat was empty.

LSU did what I expected Auburn to do. Our defense is very good but it is a small group that relies on speed. LSU mauled us with power runs that our poor LB core couldn't plug. Then once Gennard was gone and then Zuniga, our edge rush was gone and Burrows could sit back, have a beer, look things over 4 times and make confident throws.

A team with less heart would've lost that game 49-17. I'm proud of the heart that this team showed. Cause we are not a title contending roster right now, we're just not. But those kids went toe to toe against a true title contender in their place (arguably the toughest place to play in the country) and held our ground.

theoriginalmadgator

Aug 16, 2019
Ok
We are not an elite team! The pumpers need to pump the brakes. We are a top twenty program. Until the UAA invests in this thing we will hit a ceiling real soon. We need better everything!

Better students that support the team!
Better facilities.
Better coordinators.
More support staff.
Most importantly better athletes. You get these when you complete the above stated facts.

For now enjoy the improvement from the butterhumper days.

We're better than top 20.....we're right there in the second tier group. I feel like we can beat teams like Notre Dame and we could scheme wins against the Big 10 pretenders up there like Wisconsin and Penn St. but that's the group we're in....somewhere between 8-13

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
We're better than top 20.....we're right there in the second tier group. I feel like we can beat teams like Notre Dame and we could scheme wins against the Big 10 pretenders up there like Wisconsin and Penn St. but that's the group we're in....somewhere between 8-13
Right. But I meant overall as a program. We are at the higher end of the great programs but nowhere near elite, those that are consistently top 5. I know we all want to get back there. So I was being realistic. We need major INVESTMENT into this thing.

theoriginalmadgator

Aug 16, 2019
Right. But I meant overall as a program. We are at the higher end of the great programs but nowhere near elite, those that are consistently top 5. I know we all want to get back there. So I was being realistic. We need major INVESTMENT into this thing.

Fair enough and it's happening slowly but surely.....the new locker room looks great and more is on the way

we'll get there.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fair enough and it's happening slowly but surely.....the new locker room looks great and more is on the way

we'll get there.
Yeah, that should do it.

75d2cb090a115d.jpg

75d2caecbec0b1.jpg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
we'll get there.
When we're old and gray with a couple of marbles rolling around upstairs, we'll get there. At that point we'll be more concerned with getting to the toilet without pissing down our legs, but we'll get there.

Boss's newborn twins have the best chance of seeing us get there before they are old enough for social security.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Boss's newborn twins have the best chance of seeing us get there before they are old enough for social security.
When you said Boss's newborn twins I thought you meant our newest posters.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We played a very good team in their hostile crib dead even for 3.5 quarters. There's a lot of good to take from that. We've got work to do, but we're closer to making the next step this morning than many of the posts on this forum suggest.

It begins at the LOS on both sides of the ball and extends up and through the safeties on defense. It all needs to get better and I believe it will.

I don't know that I've given up on Grantham either. I think he was hamstrung last night by not having the right personnel to combat a team that run blocks very well and can consistently find the receiver underneath. It certainly forced him into a less aggressive game plan. Burrow is by far the best passer we've faced. That proved a bad matchup.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We cant bc of our garbage LBs and safeties. Cant play man.

And that’s the problem I have with our recruiting. Go all out to bring in linebackers and safeties.

We have ONE LB and ONE Safety. (Wingo and Torrence)

At the biggest positions of need.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Burrow is by far the best passer we've faced. That proved a bad matchup.
Mizzu is a really good passing team. If good Mizzu shows up. Which is a coin toss.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
It was a great game in a great venue for college football. We're a pretty good team, not great, but pretty good. A lot of how this team performs down the road is their attitude. Are they going to continue to show up against some good teams still remaining on the schedule? Or are they going to throw in the towel? I think they continue to show up.

Trask's mental toughness stands out. He may not have super star skills, he's not fast on his feet, he's quiet, but he's a baller and a leader in his own methodical way. He's going to make mistakes, but he was able to keep his cool in Tiger Stadium unlike Auburn's Bo Nix who was obviously intimidated by the crowd at BHG.

I like the fact that this team makes their plays then get ready for the next play. None of this over the top individual celebration where some guy makes a tackle then starts gyrating and gesticulating. They have the attitude of just do your job. The seem more disciplined. Penalties are down. That's enough for me. With that kind of an attitude and with a lot of players sporting black shoes/ white socks this team has an old school retro look. Mullen is protecting the locker room. He knows what happened when Urban was here. He is an intense guy, but he knows how to relax and have fun during the football season compared to Meyer who always seemed to be uptight.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Regarding Trask....he is a tough SOB. Stepping into this and doing what he is doing is remarkable. Major respect for this kid and I hope he goes far. I would draft him at the next level just on the upside potential. A real value investment in my opinion.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm also of the opinion there's a rematch in Atlanta. Hopefully grenard and zuniga are 100 percent. I feel like we went drive for drive with em most of the game but we just couldn't get a stop for anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb