Florida played a good game

What is UF's record against USC, UGA, and Missouri?

• 3-0

Votes: 52 40.9%
  • 2-1

Votes: 62 48.8%
  • 1-2

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • 0-3

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So when you point out the lack of depth/talent it’s wise observation. When someone else points it out it’s an excuse?
No, I just enjoy the flipflopping. One second Mullinz is the three star whisperer and his piss poor recruiting doesnt matter and the next he loses only bc of poor talent and we have to excuse him.

When I bring up talent, it is to remind people we are losing games on signing day.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's nice, but I'd trade the last games yardage for a win, tbph.
And we also know it pains him to do it.

We still run 40 options a game no matter if 35 of them are stuffed.

He is chomping at the bit to replace Trash w EJ. The Gators Breakdown podcast said expect more EJ.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
And we also know it pains him to do it.

We still run 40 options a game no matter if 35 of them are stuffed.

He is chomping at the bit to replace Trash w EJ. The Gators Breakdown podcast said expect more EJ.

In fairness, we got the 250+ in the air while running it 40 times, so we may see the same play calling going forward (not that any of us really expect anything different from CDM at this point).

And, for EJ, he didn't really make any mistakes. It looked to me like he did reasonably well with what was asked of him, and the playbook opened up a bit more for him (loved the pass for the dropped TD over the middle), so yeah, I can see more EJ coming from Dan's perspective.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I like EJ. It was an observation.

I just dont want to see Slobo running options. Obviously, it works ok w the right QB.

Mullinz just isnt going to go pass first. You can tell he is uncomfortable with this even around 50/50.

Last edited:

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
When we're old and gray with a couple of marbles rolling around upstairs, we'll get there. At that point we'll be more concerned with getting to the toilet without pissing down our legs, but we'll get there.

Boss's newborn twins have the best chance of seeing us get there before they are old enough for social security.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
What exactly is your opinion?

Opinions are indeed like ass****s - some more so than others. Mine is that we lost to a deeper and visibly more talented team, in an exceptionally hostile environment. No excuses though, we could have won and didn't and I was disappointed and frustrated, just like everybody. But IMHO, the level of effort by the team wasn't the issue. The overall talent discrepancy and a number of goofy play calls were just too much to overcome. So we lost. And as much as I dislike the guy, their phukkface QB was deadly, which was a key factors in the loss.

The real "dispute" at this point isn't whether or not we are "back" in the sense that we are now a legit NC contender again. Obviously we are not, and very likely won't be anytime soon - unless we see major progress in recruiting. The question seems to boil down to the simple reality that we are better than average but not yet anywhere near elite. And what the phukk it will take to get back to where we want to be is a matter of broad conjecture. A few of us are so pissed about the lackluster recruiting and the funky O scheme, that they have already given up on the current HC/staff, while others are not far behind.

I understand there are some serious problems that must still be addressed. And the fact is that those problems could eventually be the undoing of the current coaching regime. But it's just wrong-headed to say that we are not progressing in some important areas, or that it's time to jump ship after a 16-4 record. And no, I'm not ready to settle for mediocrity, or whatever other silly-assed accusation somebody wants to employ in the rhetorical quest for instant gratification. For me, the shocking part is that so many people seem to think that we can turn on a dime and just wish ourselves great again. That was never going to happen - no matter who we hired or go on to hire in the future.
No, I just enjoy the flipflopping. One second Mullinz is the three star whisperer and his piss poor recruiting doesnt matter and the next he loses only bc of poor talent and we have to excuse him.

When I bring up talent, it is to remind people we are losing games on signing day.

I agree that the spotty recruiting (to this point) is a serious concern, and that some are more cognizant of the problem than others. But we are watching what is an increasingly "known product" on the field as the season unfolds. And our strengths and weaknesses (roster AND staff) are pretty self-evident, even at this point. DM will either find a way to close the talent gap, or he will eventually fail. In general, he's done a "very good" job overall and a superb job in some particulars. But he must master the recruiting conundrum, or the good stuff will go for naught.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Slaton is SEC-sized DT but has zero give-a-damn. What a waste of oxygen and space.
That is so stupid I bet it makes your head hurt.

Fvkking Choker doesn't like a guy that swallows two offensive linemen EVERY FVKKING PLAY bc he can't drop a real DT back into pass coverage and look like a total fvkking fool like running around aimlessly and flapping like Jeremiah Moon.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I agree that the spotty recruiting (to this point) is a serious concern, and that some are more cognizant of the problem than others. But we are watching what is an increasingly "known product" on the field as the season unfolds. And our strengths and weaknesses (roster AND staff) are pretty self-evident, even at this point. DM will either find a way to close the talent gap, or he will eventually fail. In general, he's done a "very good" job overall and a superb job in some particulars. But he must master the recruiting conundrum, or the good stuff will go for naught.
His record one year and seven games into his tenure is roughly the same as Chimp and Butters.
Not real sure where you get this "very good job overall". Butters and Chimp took over teams that quit on the last staff too. Butters took over a 4 loss team. There really is no objective evidence of "very good job overall", just your heart strings.

Look, I agree. I like him better too. My heart wants him to win (and of course win with more passing and a more explosive offense). But my head says he hasnt proven a fvkking thing and is recruiting barely better than Butters, barely. Hell, he hasn't even proven he can beat Mizzu yet and we still have to play two teams he squeaked by last year, Cawks and Puddle Pirates.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
His record one year and seven games into his tenure is roughly the same as Chimp and Butters.
Not real sure where you get this "very good job overall". Butters and Chimp took over teams that quit on the last staff too. Butters took over a 4 loss team. There really is no objective evidence of "very good job overall", just your heart strings.

Look, I agree. I like him better too. My heart wants him to win (and of course win with more passing and a more explosive offense). But my head says he hasnt proven a fvkking thing and is recruiting barely better than Butters, barely. Hell, he hasn't even proven he can beat Mizzu yet and we still have to play two teams he squeaked by last year, Cawks and Puddle Pirates.
Meeeeeehhhhh.... he’s winning with some semblance of offense. There’s a few headscratchers but it doesn’t feel like we’re bumbling into wins. Both of the last guys had elite defenses that carried them. I’d say he’s off to a better start. If he inherited that 2012 defense or even the 2015 defense, we are probably the #1 team in the nation right now.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
The University of Florida has never gone undefeated and we have 3 national championships. Nobody in their wildest dreams thought we were going undefeated this year, with some even predicting 4-5 losses. Then suddenly we start throwing the ball with some success and now all that changes? Hahaha, at the very best, we were always going to lose a game or two this year even if we got better than last year, and this LSU game was easily the hardest game on the schedule. Step away from the ledge people, of course we have work to do, a lot of work to get to elite level, but we are heading there. We are obviously better than last year, and last year we were obviously better than anything Butters put on the field. Have a little perspective.

Gators went undefeated in 1911, now they’ve never had a perfect season.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016

Let me splain:

1. Much better team cohesion and game prep
2. Vastly improved conditioning and stamina
3. Got a surprisingly good level of play out of a QB I personally had given up on (FF)
4. Improving view of UF FB future prospects by most UF fans and even some national media - oddly enough the LSU loss has actually brought about some grudging respect from some longtime naysayers
5. I will respectfully refrain from discussing Trask's play, and the coaching that has turned a life-long backup into a serviceable SEC QB - primarily because of the manner in which you choose to address him

Reasons why it isn't better than VG overall:

1. Sluggish, inadequate recruiting results
2. I don't like the RPO anymore than you do - I do however acknowledge the gains that have been made on O
3. TG - enough said

That's all coming on the heels of nearly a decade of wreck and ruin. IMHO, VG is not an unreasonable evaluation, all things considered. Also, neither of the two nitwits who preceded DM inherited anything like the catastrophic mess DM walked into. I understand that one observer's mitigating circumstances are another viewers rank-ass excuses - c'est la vie.

Last edited:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
@lizardbreath I’d argue that Trask is past “serviceable”. He’s one of the top QBs in the SEC right now. Burrow is on top with Tua but who else would you confidently put above Trask after them? Fromm? He doesn’t do anything special and threw picks like it was his job against USC.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
I hope we do see them in Atlanta. Someone mentioned on the game thread and I wish I remembered who it was. But giving credit when it’s due that we would be 1-1 against LSU this year.

A neutral site rematch would certain bode well for us. As bad as our defense played, not once did I think the game was out of reach or we couldn’t beat them. Hope is far from lost for this Gator. Run the table bitches.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.