Florida reveals the ACTUAL new locker room: Donkey in shambles

Wingtee

Mar 11, 2018
I'd like to see a real upgrade not just paint, carpet squares and led accent lighting for when the lights are off.

The sad thing is apparently they spent a ton of money on this. I suspect the contractor is Fooley's cousin.
It’s the baseball programs fault.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The newly renovated locker room will always be the game day locker room. Of course if the all-in-one is constructed the new "home" will be in the all-in-one. But game day will still be game day.

Oh, and it is the baseball programs fault. They should have offered to play elsewhere while their Taj Mahal was being built by the program paying for it.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@darrenrovell: After seeing the LSU football player sleeping pods and $28 million locker room renovation, LSU rising senior @catcmckinney shares what she says is a photo of a section of the school’s library...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
@darrenrovell: After seeing the LSU football player sleeping pods and $28 million locker room renovation, LSU rising senior @catcmckinney shares what she says is a photo of a section of the school’s library...

Im sure math isnt the strength of anyone who goes to LSU, but this kid should do the maff on how much it costs to pay professors 150-250k a yr to work 3 hours a week, 30ish weeks a year.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
So, us hiring the UAB recruiting guru reminded me that probably we should be considering a move to the Sunbelt soon. This is more our speed:

iu
That's fake.

But if it were real then it would look just like:
-LSU
-Florida
-Clemson
-FAU

...drop ceiling and carpet squares.

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
$38 million, I believe. Seriously, for what??? They felt like they had to make a video to explain what an elongated seat was and show the plans as if it was some new aged highly engineered masterpiece. Hilarious. "But, but, but we added a little holder for an Ipad!" GTFOH.

This is the kind of stuff that pisses me off. Sure, get nice facilities that are needed for recruiting these days, but don't spend money like a drunkin' sailor in a whore house.

But those ARE some really nice carpet squares.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
LSU getting blasted for spending that much on this

Wow. The ratio of happy fans to attacks from people largely ignorant of the benefits players get well beyond their scholarships, the funding sources of the project, the benefit of national exposure to the university in enrollment and academic fundraising is 1:99 or worse.

Memo to the PR folks: Send your fancy new locker promo directly to your boosters, ticket holders, staff, players & prospects. The rest of the world will just be irritated.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure why I keep coming back to this thread. It makes me feel about the same as watching a grating, frivolous Andy Cohen interview of Housewives arguing over a Tuesday afternoon wine tasting party gone awry. It's all cheese puffs.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. The ratio of happy fans to attacks from people largely ignorant of the benefits players get well beyond their scholarships, the funding sources of the project, the benefit of national exposure to the university in enrollment and academic fundraising is 1:99 or worse.

Memo to the PR folks: Send your fancy new locker promo directly to your boosters, ticket holders, staff, players & prospects. The rest of the world will just be irritated.
Twitter is not real world and the people who are complaining don't matter if they're not alums.

Recruits are the real targets but they do read Twitter.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Gators Equipment sent out a tweet of having set up the UK visitor locker room. The most amusing part is that it was not too distinguishable from our own newly renovated locker room.

EEXCDviXUAE5J2Q.jpg

Carpet is in ok shape but that ceiling is in bad shape. That’s a pretty rough looking room.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
1975 just called, it wants it decor back.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Speaking of visiting team locker rooms, in high school before home games a couple of us would always sneak away from the team and into the visiting teams locker room get high and shyt in all the toilets and leave it. We didn't lose a home game in 3 years.

But looking back our school should have been punished for how filthy that locker room was before we even entered it. Most teams had 70 to 80 players and that locker room may have had standing room for 30 people. Over half the team had to get dressed outside and probably all of them wanted to avoid that filthy shythole. It was a concrete block building without a door on it anywhere, just a concrete bench all the way around the room except were the 3 or 4 toilets were. Every time we'd go in there birds, squirrels and dumpster cats would haul ass out the back. If anyone has ever stayed at the motel 3 in Daytona it would be considered the Taj Mahal to that locker room.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Let's face, we all have brought home one or two who looked better w the lights turned down or off.

That's the way it is w Florida's lockerroom "remodel".

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator