Florida reveals the ACTUAL new locker room: Donkey in shambles

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wish they had upgraded the ceiling and gone with something other than light bars but I don't think you can argue that this is a massive improvement to our high school JV tennis locker room we were rocking before.
The sad thing is that I was told by a friend, you don't even want to know how bad our baseball facilities were and he isn't some baseball freak or anything.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Seriously, I get that the darken the room and LED tricks may be useful to recruiting, but this really was underwhelming.

I don't know what to say to the 78s of the world who don't know the difference between tile (or marble tile for some ridiculous programs) and carpet squares.
It’s just a place card until the 85 million dollar one is finished. 30 million more than Clemson’s cost. It’s better than what we had and it’s better than not doing anything at all. Got a bunch of kids coming for FNL and we needed to stop showing them how cool our trailer park was

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It’s just a place card until the 85 million dollar one is finished. 30 million more than Clemson’s cost.
We dont seem to spend our dollars well. Just comparing dollars doesn't impress me much.

Frankly, I could have fired four Mexicans at Lowes and did that tile and paint job for about $100,000 no doubt.

I don't expect it to be great. This is Florida. Im not expecting Lexus or Mercedes, but can we at least get Honda or Toyota? And not used ass 200k Kia with new seatcovers and Maaco paint job.

I kept hearing conflicting things from my friends. One kept saying it's just a paint job, the other was saying no it's a 1.5 mil makeover. In the end, both were right. It was a 1.5 mil paintjob.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
It’s just a place card until the 85 million dollar one is finished. 30 million more than Clemson’s cost. It’s better than what we had and it’s better than not doing anything at all. Got a bunch of kids coming for FNL and we needed to stop showing them how cool our trailer park was

My take too. It's a step. It's not a huge one, but it is a step and nod that someone on the chain realizes that we are stuck in the bronze age during an arms race.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
They need to fire the person that did the name strips and didn’t check the spelling of the name....the players are amped about this and we should too!

upload_2019-7-15_13-10-24.png

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They need to fire the person that did the name strips and didn’t check the spelling of the name....the players are amped about this and we should too!

I think I'm required to remind you to charge your phone.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We are going to be using this for decades. Hell we don't re-sod for decades. It's not like the kids are going to dress in the All in One for gameday and go there at halftime.

Why not do it right?

We have pulled ourselves solidly into the middle layer of Conference USA. So that is an improvement.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Alabama, Clemson and Texas have lockers made by a company named Texas lockers
Go watch a video of theirs and you will see what top of the line looks like.
I especially like the pedestal for the helmet and pads, it dries and deodorizers them over night. To me that's not over the top, but is what our players deserve.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Alligator Army (@AlligatorArmy) tweeted at 10:38 AM on Mon, Jul 15, 2019:
...and like it is perhaps being well-received.

Maybe overreacting to "leaks" on Twitter is stupid?
()

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

This is a different kid, and it's an artist rendering of *Damien* Pierce's locker five years from now that will be in the old Pike House on University. It's not the locker of our current running back, this kid is still in Middle School.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Heart warming to see Law make up this much ground in the dislikes column.

I kid you not when I say I've gotten anywhere from eight to 10 Twitter notifications over the past 24 of Slumlord Fooley splitting his spleen over facilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.