Florida State is in shambles: throw INT in end zone after being in winning FG range

Which would you rather see?

• UF wins 2020 National Championship

Votes: 146 81.1%
  • FSU football program permanently dismantled

Votes: 34 18.9%

• Total voters

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Chubba decided to go ahead and have surgery now......shocker

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Im just a bit dishearten The Gators don't get a chance to hang 75 on them this year, talking about a missed opportunity.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
'Operation Stolen Innocence': More than 170 charged in Florida child sex trafficking network
For a complete list of those charged, click here.

"TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – A two-year investigation by the Tallahassee Police Department into the horrific sexual exploitation of a teenage girl netted a staggering amount of arrests, with more than 170 people charged over recent months.

On Tuesday, Tallahassee police chief Lawrence Revell and state and federal officials announced results of Operation Stolen Innocence, a highly secretive investigation into the commercial sex trafficking of the girl, who was 13 and 14 when the alleged offenses occurred.

Those swept up in the investigation include a former write-in candidate for local office, a P.E. teacher and a former chairman of Seminole Boosters Inc., a fundraising arm for Florida State University athletics. Several of the defendants are women, charged with helping to arrange paid “plays” with the girl in exchange for cash."
170 charged in Tallahassee, Florida, child sex trafficking network

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Im just a bit dishearten The Gators don't get a chance to hang 75 on them this year, talking about a missed opportunity.

77...Mullen would let Trask throw for 7 and then turn it over to Emory and AR to ground n pound em with our backs until they felt like quitting football all together and returning to a girls school

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
The former Seminole Boosters chairman named in Operation Stolen Innocence is Doug Russell.
3163b09e-d5d6-41a3-948b-ac723da3a896-FSU_Athletics_Meeting014.JPG

In 2019 a solicitation charge (possibly related to this?) against Russell was dropped by the State Attorney's Office.
On his phone was the message, slightly encryped, 1/2 hour 'girlfriend experience' and was quoted $120.
Lobbyist, former Seminole Boosters chairman arrested in prostitution investigation

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
:snicker:
"I really do think moving forward we have in place what we need to be a great program," athletic director David Coburn said. "We have a great young head coach [in Mike Norvell]. We have a top-20 public university to sell. We are in a wonderful recruiting area, and we still have a great brand. With those kinds of pieces in place, I'm very optimistic that we will get back to the upper echelon."

I see why The Rapeis Winston is such a f*Ck up, his daddy has the name of Antonor.
Antonor Winston's phone pinged around dinnertime on a Friday in September 2014. It was Fisher. Winston's son Jameis had been at the center of another controversy. After previously being investigated for sexual assault and suspended by the baseball team for shoplifting, the superstar QB had recently stood atop a dining hall table and shouted a derogatory joke that underscored what many outside of Tallahassee believed: Fisher turned a blind eye to bad behavior in favor of on-field victories.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
That's a must-read.

Fisher signed the ACC's top-ranked class every year from 2013 through 2017, but the pedigree rarely translated to on-field success. His final five classes included 69 blue-chip recruits, and only 12 have been drafted so far (about half the national average). Of the 115 high school players he signed in total from 2013 to 2017, less than half became full-time starters. Meanwhile, 44 of them failed to finish their careers with Florida State by virtue of dismissal, transfer or medical disqualification. The failures were heaviest at QB, linebacker, receiver and offensive line, leaving FSU's roster top-heavy at some positions and bereft of talent at others.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

That's a good read. ESPN could do a similar write up on UF's downfall. I'm sure Muschamp won't take any blame.

I know it's UF fans motto to say "Fisher can't coach", but he's the best Saban assistant by far (Kirby's just behind). When Fisher develops a QB he usually does well. A&M will give him anything he needs and he's done a solid job recruiting there so far. I sure wish we could play them again though!

FSU is probably in for another losing season in 21 and with the way Norvell is recruiting they're going to be no better than an 8 or 9 win team in the near future, and that's a stretch.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
From the article itself. They know it themselves :lmao2: :nole::nole:

A year later, Fisher followed a humiliating loss against Louisville with a pledge, set in each player's locker, that opened, "As of Oct. 4, 2016, I promise to give Florida State football my all." It backfired, with many players finding the pledge beneath them -- "clown stuff," as one former player said.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
"Clown stuff" is the TL/DR version of that article and probably the most apt summation of all time; but it brings back legendary terms such as the "turnover backpack" and "lethal simplicity."

48F84AFC-F4BD-4865-8C18-A9181F3A445F.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.