Florida State is in shambles: throw INT in end zone after being in winning FG range

Which would you rather see?

• UF wins 2020 National Championship

Votes: 146 81.1%
  • FSU football program permanently dismantled

Votes: 34 18.9%

• Total voters

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
"... the cracks in the program's foundation were obvious to anyone who cared to look deeper: A coach who flirted with a seemingly endless string of deep-pocketed suitors. A contentious power struggle among the program's leadership. Demands for bigger and better facilities stressing an already tight budget. A pervasive attitude of entitlement within the locker room. Declining academic performance. And a string of high-profile, off-field trouble that bruised the program's reputation."

Oh.The.Humanity.

This is Karma with a capital 'K.' You can only ride dirty for so long before justice catches up to you.

BTW, that US News ranking, (UF is ranked 6th), is strictly bullshyt. The factors they use to rank colleges have absolutely nothing to do with academics or the value/quality of the degree you receive. They use measurement factors like "social mobility", how much debt you end up with and drop out rate. Florida State is ranked in the low to mid 100s by organizations that measure academic quality.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I read about half of the ESPN piece this morning. It’s a story of excess, more excess followed by excessive miscalculation. The main thing is they’re broke and broken down. That isn’t easily fixable without massive cheating.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I read about half of the ESPN piece this morning. It’s a story of excess, more excess followed by excessive miscalculation. The main thing is they’re broke and broken down. That isn’t easily fixable without massive cheating.

They better hire Hugh Freeze then...he’s a perfect match

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
I read it this afternoon and it was a nice read.

FSU is like Miami around the Coker era. It'll take them 15 years to rebuild, if they can.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
"... the cracks in the program's foundation were obvious to anyone who cared to look deeper: A coach who flirted with a seemingly endless string of deep-pocketed suitors. A contentious power struggle among the program's leadership. Demands for bigger and better facilities stressing an already tight budget. A pervasive attitude of entitlement within the locker room. Declining academic performance. And a string of high-profile, off-field trouble that bruised the program's reputation."

Oh.The.Humanity.

This is Karma with a capital 'K.' You can only ride dirty for so long before justice catches up to you.

BTW, that US News ranking, (UF is ranked 6th), is strictly bullshyt. The factors they use to rank colleges have absolutely nothing to do with academics or the value/quality of the degree you receive. They use measurement factors like "social mobility", how much debt you end up with and drop out rate. Florida State is ranked in the low to mid 100s by organizations that measure academic quality.

I won’t mince words. Given the recent revelations regarding the noles booster, when I saw you had replied to this thread, I was terrified to open it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
According to the latest US News rankings, they are tied for 19th for public universities. For whatever that's worth.
No one GAF about "public rankings". No one. There are no big firms that hire top public students. They hire top students maybe and if you arent top10 maybe top 20 with enough honors and accolades.

Do you know who the top 20 private football teams are? No one cares about these ridiculous asterisks.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As a fellow alum of Weimer Hall you'll appreciate this.

As I was reading that very long article I found myself impressed with the thoroughness and depth of the reporting of the lead author, Andrea Adelson. I said to myself, "Self, I wonder where she acquired her sterling research and writing skills? I think I will Google her."

https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrea-adelson-1456a278

:bwahaha:

Fellow schmello. My classes were directly beneath the alumni seats at Florida Field, the slummin’ old J school. Weimer was only in the planning stages.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Met that kid once. Cockiest punk I’ve come across at this level. When I casually threw out the idea of him flipping to us(under McElwain, ftr), he was arrogant and emphatic that only Alabama could flip him and he was thinking about it. I’m not even sure he had a commitable from them.

ElectricBrightLacewing-small.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.