Florida State is in shambles: throw INT in end zone after being in winning FG range

Which would you rather see?

• UF wins 2020 National Championship

Votes: 146 81.1%
  • FSU football program permanently dismantled

Votes: 34 18.9%

• Total voters

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Growing up, whenever we would take I10 going to New Orleans or some other away game, my dad was very clear that we would not be stopping in Tallahassee under any circumstances. And we never did. It wasn't until I was 23 and on the way back from Panama City Beach with a girlfriend that I ever set foot in that town because she insisted on getting food. Her coke problem was an issue, and I didn't like that she was a few years older than me. But that stop was probably the deal breaker in the long run.
utdwtR6.gif

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This kid's about to flip from FSU to UGA. LSU just offered two FSU commits (3-star LB Omar Graham & 4-star Edge Trevion Williams).

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Growing up, whenever we would take I10 going to New Orleans or some other away game, my dad was very clear that we would not be stopping in Tallahassee under any circumstances. And we never did. It wasn't until I was 23 and on the way back from Panama City Beach with a girlfriend that I ever set foot in that town because she insisted on getting food. Her coke problem was an issue, and I didn't like that she was a few years older than me. But that stop was probably the deal breaker in the long run.
If she had a coke problem, then she knew why she wanted to stop in Tally.
But…an older chick with a coke problem sounds like a really good time. I’m sure you got some stories.

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
I’m afraid you’ve hit the high point with Laredo. My son works at the UF/IFAS station between Walmart and the interstate and they will eat lunch at the country club pretty frequently. It’s good, but lunch time only except Fridays. Otherwise it’s fast food, and not real good fast food either. If you aren’t too give out, Tallahassee’s only 20 minutes away.

Thanks for the country club suggestion. Will give that a try.
I plan to stop in at the IFAS facility if I can find time - we’re doing 12 hour days.
Made the trip to Tallahassee a couple times when it is late to find dinner here.
Any thoughts on a place called Country Boys well south of town? Limited hours and we have missed twice now!

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
"While the football team is still working on improvements, Doak Campbell Stadium is scheduled to be improved in the near future. Now, all we need is a simple name change to honor one of the biggest figures to come through Florida State."

So they want to rename Joke Shambles to Burt Reynolds stadium?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Lol that is 100% buyout money for NorveLLLL and the next coaches contract
There may be strings attached to how the money is used. For example, they may have to spend it on county based contractors. I’d be willing to bet they can’t use it on a buyout.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for the country club suggestion. Will give that a try.
I plan to stop in at the IFAS facility if I can find time - we’re doing 12 hour days.
Made the trip to Tallahassee a couple times when it is late to find dinner here.
Any thoughts on a place called Country Boys well south of town? Limited hours and we have missed twice now!
Country Boys was pretty good the last time we went, about two years ago. It’s pretty much an old style lakeside/riverside restaurant. Catfish and shrimp are two primary staples. Not much in the way of ambiance, unless they’ve done some remodeling, but if the food is still on point it’ll be worth the trip.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
This kid's about to flip from FSU to UGA. LSU just offered two FSU commits (3-star LB Omar Graham & 4-star Edge Trevion Williams).

This will be fun to watch. One of the things the Nulls who support Norvell hang their hat on is the claim he’s recruiting well and ‘22 class is not suffering decommitments despite the 0-4 start. Lose a couple of 4 stars and it could start an wave. Sadly, it could hasten Norvell’s exit.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If she had a coke problem, then she knew why she wanted to stop in Tally.
But…an older chick with a coke problem sounds like a really good time. I’m sure you got some stories.

To be clear, we’re talking a few years older. Not like mid-30s. And honestly, even with the blow problem, I was still way more out of control than she ever was. I just didn’t do coke.

Avenger48c

No Longer Cautiously Optimistic
Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2019

I swear I could close my eyes during one of his pressers and wouldn't be able to tell it wasn't Muschump. Same platitudes about it being on them and needing to win, same ineffectual rage, the only difference is Chump could at least coach defense.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Local troopers pull you over when they see a non-Leon County tag just to have someone intelligent to talk to for a change.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I swear I could close my eyes during one of his pressers and wouldn't be able to tell it wasn't Muschump. Same platitudes about it being on them and needing to win, same ineffectual rage, the only difference is Chump could at least coach defense.
No, Chimp would have started into "well, it was the right play. We had a 4-2 double eagle left flim flam delayed zebra 6 on and they ran a play action waggle midline stahz modulator kinutinator valve to the left lug nuts. DO YOU EVEN UNDERSTAND? DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT A MIDLINE IS?

DO YOU ASK YOUR SURGEON ABOUT MIDLINES? DO YOU? DOES YOUR SURGEON EVEN KNOW WHAT A MIDLINE IS?"

Then he would have punched or headbutted the wall if he wasn't bleeding already.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

The whole gonna do it “the right way” has to be one of the absolute worst coach speak cliches ever. Introductory press conference, laying out a plan, fine. But the losers who throw this stuff around as some sort of deflection to the adversity they’re facing(ironic considering the lecture being given by him) make me nauseous. “Yeah we’re not winning as much as those other programs, but tell that to the baby penguins they bludgeon to do so. Not us. We’re gonna do it the right way.”

It’s such a weak cop out.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm going to need you guys to start having a positive attitude about Todd Grantham. Let's not put him down anymore. Let's start talking up his defensive scheme.

We need to sell FSU on the idea that he is valuable and that they are stealing one from us when they finally do can NorveLLLL. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator