Florida State is in shambles: throw INT in end zone after being in winning FG range

Which would you rather see?

• UF wins 2020 National Championship

Votes: 146 81.1%
  • FSU football program permanently dismantled

Votes: 34 18.9%

• Total voters

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
they do, but he never made that much :lol:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
lol... what a difference 18 hours makes

8FB7D30A-8233-4996-97C6-9480A6BCE479_4_5005_c.jpeg

lee-corso-college.gif

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Looks like they have officially failed in trying to get Tyra from Louisville. They just announced they are making Michael Alford (President and CEO of Seminole Boosters) the new AD. Anybody know much about him? On the surface, this seems like a failed search to me, but I'm not very in the know on AD's.

FSU hires Alford after offer to ex-L'ville AD Tyra

Edit : After some quick digging, it appears he used be AD at Central Michigan and has a large prior emphasis on fundraising. Looks like everyone thought he would be the heir apparent to Coburn, but then they went after Tyra instead. Looks like that failed so they reversed course back to Alford.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
As sorry as fsu is, their losing staff still out recruited mullen's despicable excuse for a HC by a mile. fsu has a sorry stadium, less resources than UF, and worse facilities.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Looks like they have officially failed in trying to get Tyra from Louisville. They just announced they are making Michael Alford (President and CEO of Seminole Boosters) the new AD. Anybody know much about him? On the surface, this seems like a failed search to me, but I'm not very in the know on AD's.

FSU hires Alford after offer to ex-L'ville AD Tyra

Edit : After some quick digging, it appears he used be AD at Central Michigan and has a large prior emphasis on fundraising. Looks like everyone thought he would be the heir apparent to Coburn, but then they went after Tyra instead. Looks like that failed so they reversed course back to Alford.

They probably should have hired Alford from the get-go (would have saved them the embarrassment of being turned down by Trya - who was a mediocre choice to begin with). Alford hired Butters, because he was an assistant AD at Alabama when Butters was there. He was brought in to specifically right the ship of the Seminole Boosters, which had some shady good-ole-boy shenanigans going on before he took over. He's honestly done a really good job. I read some comments about them wanted to keep Alford in the same role because he was doing a good job w/ fundraising. They'll probably promote his deputy to his current role.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It’s funny to us because it’s happening to the clowns, but, truth be told, I wouldn’t expect the residents of Alachua Co. to pay for improvements to BHG either.
That's kinda the point. Its criminole (pun intended) to force tax payers to pay for freaking football stadium improvements. Imagine never having the finances to go to college so you work your whole life hard to get ahead, only to have a portion of your income confiscated to pay for someone else to have a great college athletic experience. The whole thing stinks to high heavens.

This stuff should be paid for 100% by athletic system revenue, and donations. Tax dollars should NOT be funding freaking football, for any school.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
That's kinda the point. Its criminole (pun intended) to force tax payers to pay for freaking football stadium improvements. Imagine never having the finances to go to college so you work your whole life hard to get ahead, only to have a portion of your income confiscated to pay for someone else to have a great college athletic experience. The whole thing stinks to high heavens.

This stuff should be paid for 100% by athletic system revenue, and donations. Tax dollars should NOT be funding freaking football, for any school.

I imagine FAMU would come w/ their hand out immediately after this got approved....and if they didn't get the money???

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If Leon County approved funding for FSU's stadium.....why wouldn't FAMU come w/ their hand out asking for the same?
oh i see, and agree. and theyd have a better argument. they are the small fish and need the support, their stuff is much older, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.