Florida State is in shambles: throw INT in end zone after being in winning FG range

Which would you rather see?

• UF wins 2020 National Championship

Votes: 146 81.1%
  • FSU football program permanently dismantled

Votes: 34 18.9%

• Total voters

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well I guess if they compare to the Miami crowd then fsu looked like the superbowl. I think ive seen more people at a family reunion than that.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You know what would be fun is if NorveLLL came out and said, "We didn't lose, we beat ourselves." I can't imagine how much fun we'd have with that. Though I'm having a pretty good tme right now with what NorveLLL IS saying.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Shambles? More like disaster. You have to go all the way back to Darrell Mudra’s 1-10 1974 team to find the last 0-4 start for FSU.

I thought NorveLLLL was an upgrade. Boy, was I wrong.

Edit: Very apt autocorrect on the NorveLLLL spelling. :lol:
Darrell Mudra, the head coach who coached from the press box on gameday.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just checked out FSU 's schedule. I see 2 winnable games left on their schedule. But I think it's something to monitor. Can they go 0-fer? This is something I'm kind of excited about. It's gotta be history in the making we're witnessing.
Both FSU and UMass are in ESPN's Bottom Ten, "U-Mess" 2nd and FSU "No-Noles" are 3rd! Believe it or not FSU hosts UMass in late October!

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Shambles? More like disaster. You have to go all the way back to Darrell Mudra’s 1-10 1974 team to find the last 0-4 start for FSU.

I thought NorveLLLL was an upgrade. Boy, was I wrong.

Edit: Very apt autocorrect on the NorveLLLL spelling. :lol:
That was my sophomore yr at UF. I went to the game in Tally. Those 74 Noles were pitiful

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Someone posted this in the chat… thought it belonged here:
Of course it’s going to need editing in a week.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016

1. Inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2000, Coach Darrell Mudra wishes his resume didn’t include the two years he spent at Florida State.

Compiling a lowly 4-18 record during the 1974 and 1975 seasons, Mudra’s aura of a national champ didn’t translate well in Tallahassee.

His unique style of coaching from the press box during games rather than down of the field may have worked well in D-II powerhouses of the time like Eastern Illinois and North Dakota State, but it didn’t translate well to the Seminoles style of play, proving true by looking at his win-loss record.
Here you go Ancient!

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Norvellll's buyout after this season would be $15,200,000.
Doubt they can afford to fire him. Hope not anyway.
No. No they can’t. Not to mention with a track record of firing a coach every two years, it would cost more than they are currently paying NorveLLLL for the next guy (if he’s any good) to be interested. Unless they can fire him for cause, he gets at least three full seasons. (Ironic in a way being fired for losing a lot of games, i.e. not doing your job successfully, is not considered “fired for cause.”)

The aftermath of the Jimbo era is a great case study for how much damage a really bad hire can do. It’s also a great example of why woke hiring is idiotic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator