Since the Clemson embarrassment last year, FSU is 2-5. The two wins have come by one point each, and they've given up an average of 39.4 points per game in the five losses.
Best Posts in Thread: Florida State is in shambles; hang on for dear life vs Louisville
Page 4 of 75
Just finished the recent On The Bench podcast with the 247 fsu writers. Here's the rundown,
1. Ja'Khi Douglas' recruitment is basically still open. He is taking all his official visits. What was odd is that Newberg said most of the teams on his list, like Bama and LSU, aren't recruiting him at all. We are on his list for an official as well.
2. Their stud DT prospect, Manny Rogers has only been playing high school football for a year. He is a complete project and a 6'6 one at that.
3. The coaching staff is expecting a "mere fraction" of the elite talent at Saturday Night Live this year compared to last year. The fsu guys said they can get "very few" confirmations from players that they will be attending.
4. Runningback recruiting continues to be a nightmare as it looks like they have struck out on the top 2 players on their board.
5. If things don't go well at SNL, it will be time to begin going to plan b and plan c guys.
Podcasts like this are sweet music to my ears.
Rivals - FSU faces financial crunch, but Coburn sees light at end of tunnel
Author is pretty much a pumper, but their financial situation (people might lie, but the numbers never do) would seem to indicate they are stuck with WiLLLLLLLie for awhile. Like he could go 0-12 next year and sign a class of 2 & 3 *s and they still couldn't afford to buy him out. Unless things turn around, we might be able to get four years out of him. What a mess.
Page 4 of 75