Florida vs. Barry game thread

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
GatorBart;99789 said:
It's too bad Egbunu's appeal wasn't approved. We could use him this year, but once we get Murph2 to join Walker and Horford in a rotation, we'll be fine. We may not be top 10 right now, but I think we'll get there in the end.
We could absolutely use Egbunu. Was really hoping he would win the appeal. I have never seen the second coming of murph play. Did he ever play at Duke?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n99794 said:
We could absolutely use Egbunu. Was really hoping he would win the appeal. I have never seen the second coming of murph play. Did he ever play at Duke?

5 games last year, 31 the year before that. No starts. Barely six minutes a game in career.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Chris Walker wasn't playing tonight, right? I think he'll be able to help us out on the size problem a little bit when he gets back.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;99801 said:
Chris Walker wasn't playing tonight, right? I think he'll be able to help us out on the size problem a little bit when he gets back.
He wasn't. I know this analogy is over the top and I admit it isn't nearly to the same degree, but he seems to get the Driskel lost look to me. He's not a Wiggens/Wall/Davis/Beal 5*. I want him to be and I know the sample size is small, but I don't see him being a super star.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n99803 said:
He wasn't. I know this analogy is over the top and I admit it isn't nearly to the same degree, but he seems to get the Driskel lost look to me. He's not a Wiggens/Wall/Davis/Beal 5*. I want him to be and I know the sample size is small, but I don't see him being a super star.

At the very least he'll be able to defend the post. We have more than enough scorers to take care of the offensive side of the ball. Glad to see Eli Carter filled it up a bit tonight.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;99806 said:
Ray Finkle;n99803 said:
At the very least he'll be able to defend the post. We have more than enough scorers to take care of the offensive side of the ball. Glad to see Eli Carter filled it up a bit tonight.
Yes. The length on defense will be a great and much needed addition. Cannot disagree with that.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n99789 said:
It's too bad Egbunu's appeal wasn't approved. We could use him this year, but once we get Murph2 to join Walker and Horford in a rotation, we'll be fine. We may not be top 10 right now, but I think we'll get there in the end.

And don't forget about dodo. He's way more comfortable at the 4.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n99803 said:

I would compare it more to Patrick young. He came in as what everyone assumed would be a lottery pick and he's a lot more raw than anyone imagined. Reguardless Billy can make a ball player out of him.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gonna take some time for this team to gel and each figure out their role. Not too worried about it right now, as I trust Billy to coach em up...unlike our football coach.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n99851 said:
I would compare it more to Patrick young. He came in as what everyone assumed would be a lottery pick and he's a lot more raw than anyone imagined. Reguardless Billy can make a ball player out of him.

I think Walker has way more upside than Pat. Though Walker still needs to learn to play with his back to the basket, he's much more adept than Pat ever was facing the basket. He's much more athletically coordinated with the ball in his hand (I think even a better handle than Noah and Horford) and he can shoot the jumper as well. I think Ray is hedging. If Walker even lives up to 50% of his hype, he will be a stud.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I did not get to see the game but let me see a few and I will give you the possibilities. I have been watching them since Neal Walk averaged 19 reb. and 26 pts a game. We have plenty of players and if they learn to play that tough D we should have a good year. D is about discipline, toughness and chemistry.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n99942 said:
I think Walker has way more upside than Pat. Though Walker still needs to learn to play with his back to the basket, he's much more adept than Pat ever was facing the basket. He's much more athletically coordinated with the ball in his hand (I think even a better handle than Noah and Horford) and he can shoot the jumper as well. I think Ray is hedging. If Walker even lives up to 50% of his hype, he will be a stud.

That may be true, but I doubt he'll be here 4 years for us to see him reach that full potential. If he stays healthy this year, he's probably gone next year.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Walker is definitely someone I wanna see. He was a long way away from being a lottery pick. I know it was mostly because he came in so late but we really don't know what we have in walker yet. We know we have a 6'10" freak of an athlete who was pretty raw coming in. I'm pretty pumped to see what a full off season here does for him. It sucks balls he can't play against Miami

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n99999 said:
That may be true, but I doubt he'll be here 4 years for us to see him reach that full potential. If he stays healthy this year, he's probably gone next year.

I think Walker's gone after this year no matter what.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
We lost all of our high energy guys that would really get the crowd going. Someone needs to fill this role. Maybe it will be the Mexican sausage fella

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n100083 said:
We lost all of our high energy guys that would really get the crowd going. Someone needs to fill this role. Maybe it will be the Mexican sausage fella

I'm calling for us to go back to the final 4! The little Mexican kid is pretty solid

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator