***Florida vs Georgia BBALL Game Thread***

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Wow!!! Allen hits a step back 3. He has been great again tonight!!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida wins 77 to 63. Really good offense tonight. Would have been even better with Robinson playing the second half. Hope he gets well soon. Nice open to conference play.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Kevaughn allen has found some confidence. He probably the only guy we have that can create his own shot.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not pretty, but any win over UGAy is a thing of beauty.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Allen is turning into a boba fide stud ala Beal. We have got to cut hill and walkers time on the court (I know I've said this 1000 times but it's true), they are huge liabilities.

I'd rather play BFR over hill and Walker. Call me crazy but I still believe BFR is going to be a good player for us soon. Mark this down.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Still cant believe how bad Hill's shooting is - its about time to just pull the plug on him after the last 2 seasons. If we just had a decent guard this would be a pretty good team. Maybe 11-7 is in reach in the SEC as I think that would get us in the tourney.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Florida opens SEC play tonight at 8 PM on ESPNU. Hopefully we start off better than we ended non conference play. Except Allen. He needs to replicate the last games performance!

Prediction:

Florida- 69
Georgia- 55

You're spot on with your forecasting
:chomp:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I think Allen and Chiozza are pretty good personally. We have a lot of talent, just need to start clicking.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think Allen and Chiozza are pretty good personally. We have a lot of talent, just need to start clicking.

Allen looks to really be getting better. Chiozza is still up and down a bunch imo. We are really lacking there in many games.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Allen looks to really be getting better. Chiozza is still up and down a bunch imo. We are really lacking there in many games.

Can't say I disagree. Need some guys to step up and I think it'll happen

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Chiozza has made some strides but he's got to be more consistent. I expect to see that if hus minutes increase.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good to get a win over UGA. The things to like about this bunch of Gators is that they play hard on D and seem to balance or exceed our own turnovers with takeaways and forced poor shots deep into the O possessions by the opponents. Our press, which was not as hard as we had become accustomed to seeing under Billy with the sideline traps, was effective in knocking about 8 seconds on the average off of the shot clock before UGA could begin their offensive set. Egbunu, while not scoring as well as he did in the pre-conference games, was pretty big on the boards and we obviously defended fairly well despite some pretty dumb fouls.

Agree that DFS needs to be bigger on the offensive end from the get go, but I appreciate his scores late when we needed them to help salt this one away. Hill is going to continue to get his minutes as long as he keeps up the takeaways and can slash. He's no threat to go pro anytime soon, but his play of late, excluding FTs, has been some better.

Overall, we are not a great offensive bunch, though I think we are seeing how good Allen is and will become. We shoot poorly from the perimeter (and the FT line), but we've got to take the open perimeter shots (by the right guys) to keep the D honest. We'll get better under White's tutelage, as he is a good defensive coach and will likely be regarded as such offensively when our youngsters better understand their roles and I think they are beginning to. Billy is gone and I think it behooves us to understand the make up of the squad White is working with and the strides made. Not real pretty or what we have come to expect yet, but they're getting there.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
I like our energy, the length and speed of our bigs, and the number of people we're playing. I think if we can keep that up, we can wear most people down on a consistent basis. As Cover2 noted, the press is eating up a good chuck of the other team's offensive clock.

I do not understand how Hill can be such a poor FT shooter. He made some nice drives in the GA game, but wow for a guard he leaves a lot of points at the line. Allen is playing very well for a true freshman, and it's not just his shooting. Looks like the real deal.

And I also don't understand why we seemingly do not make a consistent effort to pass the ball inside to the bigs.

That said, while I am not really a knowledgeable BB fan, in this last game the half-court offense seemed to be executing with a plan. We got burnt a few times by having 4 guys within 2 yards of the the backboard on offensive rebounds where the ball bounced long, but OTOH we got a ton of offensive rebounds, and those are almost as valuable as turnovers.

We're back to being a basketball school. At least until NSD. :)

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Funny when we shot better
Allen is turning into a boba fide stud ala Beal. We have got to cut hill and walkers time on the court (I know I've said this 1000 times but it's true), they are huge liabilities.

I'd rather play BFR over hill and Walker. Call me crazy but I still believe BFR is going to be a good player for us soon. Mark this down.
Hill's speed is under-appreciated and actually helps the team when Allen is rolling because when they have to focus so much on Allen it allows Hill to get to the hoop easier. If he can just get his FT shooting up he will be an asset as we go forward.

I almost feel sorry for Walker. He doesn't really do anything very well except play defense with effort. He probably should have transferred a couple years ago when his brother was bitchin about Devon not getting enough minutes. Then came his injury. I appreciate his hard work, especially coming off a tough injury but he's just not good enough to deserve the PT he's getting considering the depth of this team.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Congrats Gators, "want to" makes a difference.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Coaching is a problem right now but White is getting OJT right now.

We were just spoiled for so long.

* A problem, not the problem.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator