Florida vs. Kentucky, Monday Morning Film Study: The sky is not falling

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStud said:
In retrospect, it was the usual second game wrinkles to be worked out but being played against true SEC caliber talent/schemes instead of the usual cupcake. I'm happy we had the want to in that game to take it and not fold. Character intact in such a battle. Go Gators!
That might be one of the best take aways from that game. The team stayed confident, pumped, and felt they would win. Last year it seemed at times in a game like this it would seem to be the opposite.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I'm just going to go with my gut and what I've seen with my own eyes over the last 30+ years. Having seen very good teams, teams that won NC's and should have won NC's and could've won NC's. Based on those observations we have pretty much sucked for the last several years. We do not play anything like a championship team and haven't for years. I'm really hoping Roper makes it click because I have to believe we have the talent but we play like dog do do and have since Mullen left. Amirite?

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nice review of certain game situations. It does show one of the things that Roper is good at, designing plays with the personnel he has to work with.

The summarizing paragraph though is a little scary. His #1 concern being the accuracy and instincts of JD. Seems to me since day 1 JD hasn't progressed with his ability to adjust to the college level for a 5 star, Gatorade Player of the Year caliber type of player. He commented after the game that they were things he would correct... they need to be corrected like NOW, we hit the meat of the schedule starting at bama. No more OJT.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
This says it all "But after going back to the tape, that wasn't a faulty game plan — it was just a perfect storm of poor execution."
That's coaching, kids.

We drop something like 3 balls a game. In 2008 we dropped maybe 3 balls all season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
SYcKPs1.jpg

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Of course our secondary is going to be shaky. We have several freshman/redshirt freshman playing. Who was it that would give Muschamp crap every time a DB would commit last season? I have faith that they will get it together soon, but to expect this secondary to kill it from day 1 was a little overzealous. (I am as guilty as anyone on this)

Gator charm

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Some great points in this thread. At the end of the day really there are two meaningful themes that ring true-

1. There is no such thing as a bad win-especially in the SEC.

2. There is no such thing as the Florida Gators having a Georgia Bulldog as their head coach. Oh wait a minute...,,,

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Gator charm;n52630 said:
Some great points in this thread. At the end of the day really there are two meaningful themes that ring true-

1. There is no such thing as a bad win-especially in the SEC.

2. There is no such thing as the Florida Gators having a Georgia Bulldog as their head coach. Oh wait a minute...,,,

:facepalm: Yeah that stung.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n52616 said:
Of course our secondary is going to be shaky. We have several freshman/redshirt freshman playing. Who was it that would give Muschamp crap every time a DB would commit last season? I have faith that they will get it together soon, but to expect this secondary to kill it from day 1 was a little overzealous. (I am as guilty as anyone on this)

I expected a dominant pass rush to help the young Secondary...... That didn't happen in the 2nd half especially.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
deuce coupe said:
Ray Finkle;n52616 said:

I expected a dominant pass rush to help the young Secondary...... That didn't happen in the 2nd half especially.

This, and it's got to get better.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Crazy question. What if KY wins 8 games this year? Then does that make y'all haters feel better?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I has to get absolutely tiring coming up with excuse after excuse after excuse.

Yes, I'm sure Kintucky and Jawga Southern are just overlooked powerhouse teams.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Law, All I am saying is that KY is a better team than they were last year and so are we. Last year we would have lost that game. I think we can have a special season this year and I am all in for this team. We have a good chance of going in and pulling off the upset. You can call me a pumper all you want, but I really like what I have seen so far. Is it perfect? No, there is A LOT of work that we need to do, but I like our chances.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
From the article:

"As I watched the game initially, I watched what I thought was Kentucky's game plan putting Florida's to shame. I watched UK make halftime adjustments, while UF seemed to regress in their attack. But after going back to the tape, that wasn't a faulty game plan — it was just a perfect storm of poor execution."

----

That is the story of UF football the last 5 seasons: POOR EXECUTION!

I think Roper called a great game. It was VERY poorly executed.

Now what has changed? Nothing really...w/ the trigger man.

What needs to happen? Roper needs to game plan around the deficiencies in our QB. Why put JD in a position where he's going to make a mistake?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n52738 said:
Crazy question. What if KY wins 8 games this year? Then does that make y'all haters feel better?
:lmao:

They'll manage a win over Vandy, but that's it. 1-7 in the SEC.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
NCOGator;n52738 said:

2-6 at most probably

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n52738 said:

Love the "what if" game! What if UK ends up being in the bottom 2 in the league, as usual? Which scenario do you think is more
Iikely?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
NCOGator;n52738 said:

I like them versus Cowbell and Tinerc assuming no major injuries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator