Florida's starting lineup

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n39496 said:
Just watched the press conference today and Muschamp said the first play of the game was to be a power run play. Surprise, surprise. My take? We'd just taken the kick return into the red zone and MJ is up to 235lbs, so we put in our best blocking TE and our biggest back for the first power run play of the game. Get used to it folks. Nothing has changed, we still put in the obviously best players suited to the specific play called so the defense never has to guess as to what's coming. Just look at the personnel and adjust the defense according to who we put on the field.

Looks like Muschamp still has his hands in the offense. :suicide:

/sarcasm

Fire Muschamp?

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp said it was going to be one back power to the tight end side, with a quick option pass if they played off in coverage. So it was a little different than last year, but the pass option is definitely different than last year so I wouldn't be too pessimistic until next week.If the O doesn't show any change then we'll know. He also said all three player suspended are back , Marcus Maye practiced and his hammy is at 80-85% will wait and see about next week. And Foley , to boil it down says that there's a lot different parts that go into the decision about any reschedule.His staff and Idaho's are and will be meeting to hash things out, will know something about it on Wed. at the latest. Refused to opine about it, or to answer any questions about the payments or contract details.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Matt Jones is stronger and faster than last year, and most around here are selling him short. He's obviously had a great camp along with Taylor, Lane and Powell. They'll all get touches, but Taylor will probably get most the straight zone runs.

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n39513 said:
Power run play? At least he is being original. :gah:

Could run a fly route with a deep post I guess. Of course, they were down at the 14 yard line, with a downpour, a soaked ball, and a couple of inches of water on the field.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He is definitely stronger and faster. It's unfair to really judge him by last year. The infection or whatever it was and all the antibiotics that he was on when he was ill really had to have sapped his strength. He lost if II remember correctly 10-15 so it really wasn't suprising that he wasn't as strong or fast. I do know that Thomas as well as others who watched him in the open practices all said he looked really sharp.Also makes sense on a soggy and drenched slick field to go with more of a north/south runner than a slashing/cutting runner like Taylor IMO. Roper's said repeatedly that both will get their share.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
sonomagator;n39537 said:
He is definitely stronger and faster. It's unfair to really judge him by last year. The infection or whatever it was and all the antibiotics that he was on when he was ill really had to have sapped his strength. He lost if II remember correctly 10-15 so it really wasn't suprising that he wasn't as strong or fast. I do know that Thomas as well as others who watched him in the open practices all said he looked really sharp.Also makes sense on a soggy and drenched slick field to go with more of a north/south runner than a slashing/cutting runner like Taylor IMO. Roper's said repeatedly that both will get their share.
If Jones was weak and slow why did he start against Miami.Coaching 101 put your best players on the field.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thk&ThnG8r said:
sonomagator;n39537 said:
If Jones was weak and slow why did he start against Miami.Coaching 101 put your best players on the field.
Unfortunately he was the best we had last year. Taylor admittedly didn't know the play book. This year is a completely different set if circumstances.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who the **** cares who starts? Some people start the season or are captains because they're veterans and they're being rewarded for showing exemplary leadership, etc... What I care about is who's getting the most snaps and is making plays on the field.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thk&ThnG8r said:
sonomagator;n39537 said:
Stop with your logic Phan! They were also probably trying to get him to work back into game shape. Don't think that's a great idea but like you say unfortunately Mack Brown just doesn't have it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mushcramp has said all along that he's playing Jones. You should get used to it. Jones will start. Jones will get most of the carries. It matters not that we have elite backs on the team, Jones is a Mushcramp kind of guy. He'll be the starter as long as he's here.... you know, because the defense will get tired of tackling Jones in the 4th quarter.

I've got more bad news for you, Mack Brown may well be second in carries.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Law98gator said:
Mushcramp has said all along that he's playing Jones. You should get used to it. Jones will start. Jones will get most of the carries. It matters not that we have elite backs on the team, Jones is a Mushcramp kind of guy. He'll be the starter as long as he's here.... you know, because the defense will get tired of tackling Jones in the 4th quarter.

I've got more bad news for you, Mack Brown may well be second in carries.
That's it. I'm gonna go watch Florida Tech. They are less frustrating and they can at least score.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Some of you are just pathetic. You got all of that from a play that didn't happen in a game that didn't happen. It's gonna be a long season. Again.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Thk&ThnG8r said:
sonomagator;n39537 said:
He was to slow in the Miami game yet they still started him. He shouldn't have been on the field. He had absolutely no burst whatsoever. He reminded of a back when they hit 30. Mack Brown should have gotten the bulk of the carries and someone else if he needs a break.

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014
aka;n39852 said:
Some of you are just pathetic. You got all of that from a play that didn't happen in a game that didn't happen. It's gonna be a long season. Again.

That's what you gotta expect around here. Jones was lined up to start for one play and now he's the feature back in their minds.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't make much out of it. IMO with the weather the spread offense Roper would have shown was going to be the shread and pound. And hence Jones and Burton. I would expect from Roper multiple Subs and players going in and out.

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Our starting OL looks pretty darn good though. Hope they can stay healthy because we got some big boys on that line!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.