Foley heard rumblings Donovan wasn't happy...

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
"The Gators have been collecting information on potential successors since at least February..."
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ovan-departure

"We heard some undercurrents that this [was] a possibility, so we began looking at coaches probably several weeks ago," Foley said." May 4th, 2015.

"Florida will delay the $45-50 million dollar planned renovation of the Stephen C. O'Connell Center for a year. " Feb 25th, 2015

"we are going to evaluate our facilities and make sure coach Mac has everything he needs to be successful and we're moving forward with that.” Jeremy Foley February 9th, 2015

"Florida announced plans for a $15 million indoor practice facility for football on Wednesday, becoming one of the last Southeastern Conference teams to build one." ESPN January 21st, 2015

"I wear orange and blue goggles a lot, and I’m certainly willing to have wide-open eyes, but I don’t agree with the assessment that our facilities have fallen behind,” explained Foley. " November 18, 2014.

Dec 10, 2014
Mainland_Buc_75;n219034 said:
"The Gators have been collecting information on potential successors since at least February..."
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...rs-had-prepared-coach-billy-donovan-departure

"We heard some undercurrents that this [was] a possibility, so we began looking at coaches probably several weeks ago," Foley said." April 22nd, 2015.

"Florida will delay the $45-50 million dollar planned renovation of the Stephen C. O'Connell Center for a year. " Feb 25th, 2015

"we are going to evaluate our facilities and make sure coach Mac has everything he needs to be successful and we're moving forward with that.” Jeremy Foley February 9th, 2015

"Florida announced plans for a $15 million indoor practice facility for football on Wednesday, becoming one of the last Southeastern Conference teams to build one." ESPN January 21st, 2015

"I wear orange and blue goggles a lot, and I’m certainly willing to have wide-open eyes, but I don’t agree with the assessment that our facilities have fallen behind,” explained Foley. " November 18, 2014.

I don't get how half of these quotes you listed have to do with Donovan being unhappy.

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
-THE DUDE-;n219076 said:
So really just speculation...got it

Yep. You didn't really expect Donovan to hold a press conference Feb 25th expressing his discontent over this. We heard the rumblings in the Gator clubs. I posted it a month ago.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is an interesting thread. I wonder if acting like we didn't need to upgrade our facilities and then promising to upgrade our facilities and then finally putting it on hold because football was "more important" actually lead to discontent with BD. It's an interesting take. I don't know if we will ever know.

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
GatorJ;n219092 said:
This is an interesting thread. I wonder if acting like we didn't need to upgrade our facilities and then promising to upgrade our facilities and then finally putting it on hold because football was "more important" actually lead to discontent with BD. It's an interesting take. I don't know if we will ever know.

Of course not. It's all speculation :-)

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mainland_Buc_75;n219083 said:
Yep. You didn't really expect Donovan to hold a press conference Feb 25th expressing his discontent over this. We heard the rumblings in the Gator clubs. I posted it a month ago.

What Gator Clubs meet that time of year? lol
Just a bunch of friggin speculative hogwash

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
LagoonGator68;n219097 said:
What Gator Clubs meet that time of year? lol
Just a bunch of friggin speculative hogwash

Spoken like a true football fan. I've attended club meetings almost every February for years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n219092 said:
Yes, it does seem implausible, does it not? The symptoms are everywhere and the disease is Fooley.

I love the fact that he won't pay the going rate for elite coaches, or coaching staffs, and won't upgrade the facilities, but he sure as fvkk pays HIMSELF twice as much as any other SEC AD.

And many here are still more than willing to keep kissing the browneye.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
dubster1;n219111 said:
:boom::worried:there aint eno:headshake:ugh time in a day!:proud:

Well now that Donovan and the gymnastics coach are gone do you think he should get an extension. I mean sure multiple NC's just walked out on him but think of the money he'll save when he replaces them with new coaches :lmao: :popcorn:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n219109 said:
Yes, it does seem implausible, does it not? The symptoms are everywhere and the disease is Fooley.

I love the fact that he won't pay the going rate for elite coaches, or coaching staffs, and won't upgrade the facilities, but he sure as fvkk pays HIMSELF twice as much as any other SEC AD.

And many here are still more than willing to keep kissing the browneye.

At $3.5 million a year, Donovan was the 6th highest paid coach in the Nation. .

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
How is the Basketball cupboard? Did Donovan act like he was all that into it this year? IDK...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n219126 said:
At $3.5 million a year, Donovan was the 6th highest paid coach in the Nation. .
How much less did he make than the other coaches with 2 NCs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator