For those worried about Thompson's ball secuity

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Despite the general consensus that his ball security is a major concern, I just read an article that implies that he may have conquered this problem. I hope it's accurate.

“I did almost everything you can do to work on ball-handling and controlling the ball and ball security, and haven’t fumbled yet,” Thompson said before knocking on the wooden table in front of him. “I don’t plan on fumbling the rest of camp or the whole season.”

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/mark-thompsons-lofty-goal-for-2016-season/

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure. Looks like the article was posted on the 18th, as in today... IDK...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thompson's fumble-itis "legend" has really irritated me. First against him, with my taking
it as true, next against the probability that this is just that pessimistic tragedizing that some do.
Love it, if Thompson is not a fumbler.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I never saw an article linked but people here and other places said they were told by people in the know he still had issues fumbling in practice. I wonder if someone might have made it up and it spread like wildfire.

However those quotes from Thompson are from about a week ago it appears.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, he knocked on wood...I'm sold that it is cured.

An occasional knock on wood can cure many ills... though it's not great for the carpel tunnel syndrome.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well if that's the case, it's take a seat on the bench... fumbler. Momentum killer we don't need in this league. Here's to it being an exaggeration!

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
quote-gentlemen-it-is-better-to-have-died-as-a-small-boy-than-to-fumble-this-football-john-heisman-82545.jpg

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well then Thompson should go to Shands to have Liposculpture, sucking a football size depression in
his belly. Ergo never fumble again. This would work and its only adipose tissue. Any indentation will work.
Of course keep this totally secret ... like most my ideas. :confused:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well then Thompson should go to Shands to have Liposculpture, sucking a football size depression in
his belly. Ergo never fumble again. This would work and its only adipose tissue. Any indentation will work.

I suspect if most of your ideas were made public, and not kept secret, the State would have long ago offered you free accommodations for life...say in a nice like place like...oh say... Chattahoochee.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I suspect if most of your ideas were made public, and not kept secret, the State would have long ago offered you free accommodations for life...say in a nice like place like...oh say... Chattahoochee.

I'm thinking as soon as you walk free, I go in. ??

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I understand about one third of Rog's posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator