Warning: Political Takes Former FB staffer suing UF

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Geez.

This world can really suck sometimes.:eek3:

From the article:
"In Yelverton’s suit filed this week in the U.S. District Court’s Northern District of Florida, he “alleges four main, broad examples of racial discrimination during his year-and-a-half as the Gators’ assistant athletic director of player personnel”: Yelverton alleges he was underpaid compared to white people who previously served in that same role; said he was passed over for possible promotions as a Black man; alleged “hostile” work environment with “overt racism” and claimed his race was the reason for his dismissal from his post at Florida."

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
He claimed his race was the reason for his dismissal from his post at Florida."
Unreal: I’m sure the reason he was underpaid was cause he sucked at his job.

I’m sure the reason the environment was hostile was because his boss and colleagues thought he was an awful employee

I’m sure the reason he was let go, was because he was a crappy employee.

good luck in your lawsuit.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Seems like he is just a toxic employee. One toxic individual, especially a manager, can sabotage office morale. Due his role, he may even cause greater impacts to the team. He needed to be gone. That being said, he and I may have some commonality; I always thought my bosses were dumb and overpaid.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014

From reading that, it seems he would be better suited to just STFU and keep working until all of this is forgotten.
Why stir up sh*t now other than money?
I could see him coming back with a wrongful termination suit based on being dismissed without due process running its course.
But to fall back on the race card is not a good look.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
C'mon, fellas. This guy is brilliant.

He knows that woke twatwaffles like Fuchs and Stricklin quake in abject horror at these sorts of allegations. All that's left at this point is deciding on how many zeroes his check with have.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Otis claims he’s a victim of a hostile workplace. Here’s a pic of him appearing especially vulnerable.

e9e1a3a25173e6a04303875fcfa22271.jpg

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Notice that football scoop capitalized the B in black....but not the W in white. What an absolute f*cking racist joke!

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hope these racist basterds here at UF learn their ****ing lesson! Enough is enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.