Former Mississippi State DL Coach David Turner to Florida

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Well, Dan didnt want him last year.

In the end he is apparently someone they trust. There are only a handful of homerrun hires out there, the guys who are great recruiters AND great coaches. Or just great recruiters.

We landed one absolutely elite guy and one who is solid and already knows the playbook.

It was a good week. Also, if you compare our hires to the hires of Ugly and Trailerbama, I think we were the only ones to improve our situation significantly.

That one ace recruiter was our missing piece IMO.

Yep. He posted the classic "trust the coaches" response.....

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Hearing some of the potential names out there, this is meh. Would rather have Bam back home, but it’s Mullins job on the line every week.

Doesn’t seem like much of a recruiter at all. Probably needs to make friends with CRob fast

I don’t know if we got a good one, but I agree I would’ve LOVED to see Bam Hardmon come home.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
As I recall, the bandwagon wasn't exactly full after the Mullen hire was announced. I'm glad someone is hired and I'm willing to suspend judgement, for now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not exactly. More like don't trust the rabble.

Many, iincluding me, were excited with a Sun hire, and he has been an atrocious recruiter, landing one DT and zero SDEs in two classes.

Obviously this guy was available before and Mullen wanted Sun. That says something.

however it's obvious that, for whatever reason, Sunsieri wasn't working here.

Will you trust me if I tell you that I'll start beyotching as soon as beyotching is appropriate?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was hoping it would be that NC State D line coach. He seems to have recruiting and development of the players down pretty good considering where he is at.

There is a guy on a different site that knows him personally and said right as this search began he wasn’t interested in moving right now. Family loves Raleigh and has a daughter that’s a SR in HS and they weren’t moving

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There is a guy on a different site that knows him personally and said right as this search began he wasn’t interested in moving right now. Family loves Raleigh and has a daughter that’s a SR in HS and they weren’t moving
Yeah, he reaffirmed his commitment to NC state pretty quick like

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm gonna try to say something positive. At least he has a preexisting relationship with moore. He should be a decent on the field coach and there should probably be better chemistry amongst the defensive staff. That's about the best I can do.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
MxJRb4n.gif

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yeah but it's better than listening to him bitch and belly ache all Spring and Summer until we all find out in the Fall......I'm starting to believe Jackass is becoming a closet Mullet fan despite his initial 10 month reaction to the hire.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.