Former UF basketball player Devin Robinson arrested in DC

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This story is ridiculous, and could have cost Robinson his career:

Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Jalen Mills arrested

Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Jalen Mills was arrested early Saturday morning outside a Washington D.C. nightclub. He was involved in an altercation with Washington Wizards forward Devin Robinson, according to NBC 10 Philadelphia.

The pair was in the middle of a verbal altercation before 3 a.m., just outside of the Opera Night Club. The argument turned into a fight, and both were detained by police. Mills was arrested for disorderly affray, which is a charge for fighting in public, as was Robinson. However, the Wizards forward was taken to Sibley Hospital for treatment of his injuries. Mills paid a small fine and was later released. He will have a court date unless the charges are dropped.

“We are aware of the incident this morning involving Devin and are disappointed in his actions. We will not extend a qualifying offer to him for the 2019-20 season,” the Washington Wizards said in a statement.

The Philadelphia Eagles also responded to the incident, releasing a statement about Mills. According to Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer, the Eagles "are aware of the situation involving defensive back Jalen Mills and are continuing to gather more information."

Originally a seventh-round pick in 2016, Mills has spent three seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles. In his career, he has appeared in 39 career games, starting 25. He has 167 combined tackles (138 solo), 30 passes defensed, three interceptions, and one touchdown. After working his way into the starting rotation, Mills took over one of the top spots in 2017. This trend continued into the 2018 season, but a foot injury limited him to only eight games. He finished the season on Injured Reserve.

Mills is entering the final season of his four-year, $2.416 million contract and was viewed as a potential building block for the future. He was expected to take another starting role in the secondary during the 2019 season as Philadelphia looks to reach the playoffs once again. However, this incident with Robinson could put that season in doubt. If the Eagles opted to release Mills, the dead cap figure would only be $19,214.

Additionally, Mills still had a cast on his foot as recently as last month, and he isn't as near to recovery as initially believed. Head coach Doug Pederson revealed two weeks ago that the cornerback may be ready for training camp. Although it was not definite.

Robinson, on the other hand, went undrafted out of the University of Florida in 2017. He signed a two-way contract with the Wizards after performing well in the 2017 Summer League. Robinson has primarily spent his career in the G League, but he did rejoin the Wizards for the 2018 Summer League.

While the exact reason for the fight isn't explicitly known, Les Bowen, also of the Philadelphia Enquirer, is reporting that a source with knowledge of situation said that the altercation between Mills and Robinson arose over the Wizards forward feeling that the Eagles cornerback shouldn’t be in Washington D.C., since he doesn’t play for a Washington team.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You can take the boy out of the hood...

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
This story is ridiculous, and could have cost Robinson his career:

Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Jalen Mills was arrested early Saturday morning outside a Washington D.C. nightclub. He was involved in an altercation with Washington Wizards forward Devin Robinson, according to NBC 10 Philadelphia.

The pair was in the middle of a verbal altercation before 3 a.m., just outside of the Opera Night Club. The argument turned into a fight, and both were detained by police. Mills was arrested for disorderly affray, which is a charge for fighting in public, as was Robinson. However, the Wizards forward was taken to Sibley Hospital for treatment of his injuries. Mills paid a small fine and was later released. He will have a court date unless the charges are dropped.

“We are aware of the incident this morning involving Devin and are disappointed in his actions. We will not extend a qualifying offer to him for the 2019-20 season,” the Washington Wizards said in a statement.

The Philadelphia Eagles also responded to the incident, releasing a statement about Mills. According to Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer, the Eagles "are aware of the situation involving defensive back Jalen Mills and are continuing to gather more information."

Originally a seventh-round pick in 2016, Mills has spent three seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles. In his career, he has appeared in 39 career games, starting 25. He has 167 combined tackles (138 solo), 30 passes defensed, three interceptions, and one touchdown. After working his way into the starting rotation, Mills took over one of the top spots in 2017. This trend continued into the 2018 season, but a foot injury limited him to only eight games. He finished the season on Injured Reserve.

Mills is entering the final season of his four-year, $2.416 million contract and was viewed as a potential building block for the future. He was expected to take another starting role in the secondary during the 2019 season as Philadelphia looks to reach the playoffs once again. However, this incident with Robinson could put that season in doubt. If the Eagles opted to release Mills, the dead cap figure would only be $19,214.

Additionally, Mills still had a cast on his foot as recently as last month, and he isn't as near to recovery as initially believed. Head coach Doug Pederson revealed two weeks ago that the cornerback may be ready for training camp. Although it was not definite.

Robinson, on the other hand, went undrafted out of the University of Florida in 2017. He signed a two-way contract with the Wizards after performing well in the 2017 Summer League. Robinson has primarily spent his career in the G League, but he did rejoin the Wizards for the 2018 Summer League.

While the exact reason for the fight isn't explicitly known, Les Bowen, also of the Philadelphia Enquirer, is reporting that a source with knowledge of situation said that the altercation between Mills and Robinson arose over the Wizards forward feeling that the Eagles cornerback shouldn’t be in Washington D.C., since he doesn’t play for a Washington team.

I happen to think that 99.9% of our society is made up of complete retards and thought I had heard just about everything that verifies my feelings. And then I read something like this and continue to be amazed that there is even more stupidity out there for me to discover.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The same Devin Robinson who declared early for the draft and left despite being nowhere near draft ready also got into a stupid fight? Knock me over with a feather.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I happen to think that 99.9% of our society is made up of complete retards and thought I had heard just about everything that verifies my feelings. And then I read something like this and continue to be amazed that there is even more stupidity out there for me to discover.
You're too kind - 99.99%

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
... a fight because somebody doesn't have a right to be in a city?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Lol Devin Robinson got his his ass beat by a dude half his size and wearing a boot?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
They got in a fight after attending the opera? How unsophisticated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator