1. By your completion of the registration process and your use of the message board, you agree to the Terms Of Service ("TOS") outlined herein. Additionally, the TOS may be updated from time to time. You agree that you will not use Gatorchatter.com to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any local, state, or federal law. Through your use of the message board system, you agree to abide by this and all future versions of the TOS.
2. Your participation on the forum and the content are subject to our allowing you and your content to exist here. That means we can limit spammers, porn and anything else we feel does not add to the content of the site and does not add to the positive experience of the community. We set the rules and enforce them. Agree or not, we make the final determinations and decisions.
3. While Gatorchatter.com believes in allowing fans to be fans, there is always a line that shouldn't be crossed. Vicious and overly personal attacks or threats on others won't be tolerated. Any posting of personal information about another member is strictly forbidden. Everyone knows what the lines are - don't cross them.
If you want to sustain an ongoing cat fight with another member, use the Private Message system and spare the rest of us. If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can go to your Account Settings and add that person to your Ignore list. This will make that person's posts invisible to you.
4. There are people of all ages and walks of life that read this forum, so a language filter is in place. While occasionally circumventing the filter to express a colorful word isn't a big deal, don't be excessive with it. Believe it or not, it is possible to make a point without talking like Robert Deniro.
5. Spamming or intentional business advertisements are not allowed. Threads or PM's determined to be spam will be deleted or forwarded to the Administrator. This type of posting could possibly result with privileges to the board restricted or denied without notice. If you see it, please report it immediately.
6. Think your thread titles out. Try and make them specific about the topic at hand. Don't resort to cliffhangers to try and fool people into clicking on your lame thread (they can hover over the topic and see what's in it anyway). It also prevents a lot of duplicate threads when the title makes it obvious what's in there. Also, no ALL CAPS or multiple !!! or ???, and try and use the proper capitalization and grammar. We aren't UGA fans - let's appear like we have brains. The moderation staff reserves the right to edit or improve thread titles without notice.
7. Don't post illegal game stream links, nudity/porn, gross-out images or any other inappropriate material. You know what that is. The forum should be "work safe" - no one should have to risk getting fired if their boss happens to look over their shoulder while on Gatorchatter. Keep scantily clad women out of your avatars.
8. Don't post verbatim information from pay sections of other boards or sources, either by copying and pasting or posting up screenshots - that is considered theft. When you reference a free article or copy and paste some or all of it in a post, always include the link to the original article.
9. Please utilize the board's Private Message function or e-mail if you wish to discuss a situation with a moderator. As long as you bring up your concerns maturely and civilly, we will do our best to address your concerns fairly and promptly. Continued attacks to a moderator online will usually not end well for you.
10. The moderation staff reserves the following rights:
- To delete any post even if it does not violate any stated rules
- To ban or suspend a member even if their post does not violate any stated rules
- To lock any thread even if it does not violate any stated rules
- To amend or modify these rules whenever necessary
11. Please remember that Gatorchatter.com and its administrators ARE NOT responsible for the content of threads, posts, private messages, or emails sent by members. Gatorchatter.com does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any thread, post, private message, or email. The views expressed are solely those of the author and are not necessarily the views of Gatorchatter.com, its owners, or administrators.
12. You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your content in connection with the service. You retain copyright over the content.
13. Just try and enjoy yourself! Message boards are supposed to be fun and entertaining, a break from real life. Good natured hazing and ribbing is always going to exist, so have fun with it. The ability to laugh at yourself on a forum is the gateway to the admiration and respect of your fellow members. Try not to take things too personally or seriously.