Franks transfers to Arkansas; hopes to trash own fan base ASAP

What will Franks score on the Wonderlic?

• 1-5

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • 6-10

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • 11-15

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • 16-20

Votes: 24 23.3%
  • 21-25

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • 26+

Votes: 12 11.7%

• Total voters

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Yeah, 18 year old boys even the ones in uniform do stupid shyt while off duty. Lots of stupid shyt. Way more stupid than shushing some old men and making their vaginas bleed.
I know that for a fact, first hand cause I was one. Coming home in a coffin isn't reserved for military, some come home in a coffin from college, oversees misbehavior, getting shot at school, etc.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

This is great, but with Trask, we have consumer confidence. For the first time in years, I feel good with our offense, even though we can't run the ball. I feel like we can pick up a 3rd and 10 without a gimmick play and our receivers are running after the catch, something that has not been seen since the SOS days.

Watching Emory play makes you realize, he will be a complete QB when his time is called. He will know how to read a defense and know when to run. CDM is teaching him something that Driskel and Franks failed to learn as freshman.

The future is bright at QB.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Times have certainly changed when your thought process is, "I can't beat out Kyle Trask, but I might go to the NFL instead"

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Times have certainly changed when your thought process is, "I can't beat out Kyle Trask, but I might go to the NFL instead"

That paradox struck me, too. If he loves it here that much, why not stay and compete? At the very least, he gets additional tutoring under an excellent quarterback coach. I think he’s making a mistake.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
He will be a combine beast.

I wont be surprised if he gets drafted a lot higher than some of you think. Stranger things have happened.

Him getting hurt so early this year may have been the best thing for his NFL aspirations. They'll be forced to put more emphasis on his combine workouts and won't have as much game film :lol:.

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
For the first time since Tebow, FF provided some stability to the QB position that we desperately needed. He always played hard and despite his on-field antics, he was a Gator through and through. I can’t fault the kid for staying out of trouble and trying his hardest, so I wish him the best of luck and I hope he’s successful down the road wherever that takes him.

This is without a doubt KT’s team now, and he’s earned it. FF probably sees what we all see and knows if he wants to get more game tape to show off for the NFL, he’s going to have to do it elsewhere. Wish him the best of luck.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
That paradox struck me, too. If he loves it here that much, why not stay and compete? At the very least, he gets additional tutoring under an excellent quarterback coach. I think he’s making a mistake.

Wouldn’t be a surprise if it was a mutual decision. DM met with players this past week to discuss their options.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Him getting hurt so early this year may have been the best thing for his NFL aspirations. They'll be forced to put more emphasis on his combine workouts and won't have as much game film :lol:.
Seems like i heard it reported that he wouldn't be about to participate in Spring practice. If true, I don't know how much he'll be able to do at the combine.

Knowing some stories from his time in Crawfordville, he would be a locker room problem if he wasn't starting.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
He gave the Gators his all. And while his all may not have been good enough, it's all we can truly ask. I wish him luck and will be rooting for his future success.

And I'll never forget the "heave to Cleave" :boom:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
FF definitely gave us some highlights and some hair-pulling, frustrating moments. Plenty of immaturity made it more difficult to support the guy. He also had a gruesome injury giving his best effort to win a game.

I'm happy to have Trask, EJ and incoming AR next year.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wouldn’t be a surprise if it was a mutual decision. DM met with players this past week to discuss their options.

What are you trying to say here? That Franks pulled an alleged Grier and gave Mullen an ultimatum about starting or playing time?

How does it become “mutual” absent some sort of friction? Franks under any reasonable circumstances would be expected to win back the job.

I imagine it more like, “Feleipe, we appreciate all your contributions and would love to have you back assuming, of course, you can stop holding the ball for three seconds and throwing lasers into triple coverage. You’ll be given a chance to win back the job, but it won’t be easy.”

If that’s not good enough for him, then so be it.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
You sound like a candyassed liberal, "he's a 20 year old college student".....last I checked, a lot of 18 year old men come home in coffins from overseas. He's a prima donna, did the shh to thousands of boosters who made it possible to even attend UF, then gave a forced apology.

I didn't even comment on how far his tattooed trailer trash umbilical cord stretches from Crawfordville. Does that make you feel better?

So you're telling me that he has to stand there and be booed, but he can't put one little finger up to his frackin lips?

Not!!!!

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
This is great, but with Trask, we have consumer confidence. For the first time in years, I feel good with our offense, even though we can't run the ball. I feel like we can pick up a 3rd and 10 without a gimmick play and our receivers are running after the catch, something that has not been seen since the SOS days.

Watching Emory play makes you realize, he will be a complete QB when his time is called. He will know how to read a defense and know when to run. CDM is teaching him something that Driskel and Franks failed to learn as freshman.

The future is bright at QB.
No doubt on that. And having Franks at QB wouldn't have made much of a difference in the run game.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
What are you trying to say here? That Franks pulled an alleged Grier and gave Mullen an ultimatum about starting or playing time?

How does it become “mutual” absent some sort of friction? Franks under any reasonable circumstances would be expected to win back the job.

I imagine it more like, “Feleipe, we appreciate all your contributions and would love to have you back assuming, of course, you can stop holding the ball for three seconds and throwing lasers into triple coverage. You’ll be given a chance to win back the job, but it won’t be easy.”

If that’s not good enough for him, then so be it.

Lol. What?

I’m suggesting Mullen might have told him it might be in his best interest to find another opportunity.

I doubt he denigrated him in the manner you suggest. I would rather believe they had an honest discussion. I further doubt Franks would ever have presented an ultimatum to the coach he respects. But neither of us were there so who knows what was actually said. I just don’t believe either was disrespectful until proven otherwise.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He will be a combine beast.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

He won't even be invited to the combine. Sober up. He'll get a "pro day" at whatever crap college he transfers to.

I find it hilarious you like Franks more than Trask, who actually throws the ball down the field like you've been pining for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb