Franks thinks taunting own fans is the way to win them back

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My happiest day as a Gator was 52-20.
Curb-stomping the bucknuts was great, but nothing like the beating of f$u that night.
They're all great but no one gave us much of a chance against Ohio State, probably myself included if I'm being totally honest. I didn't feel that way against FSU going in. I felt we were the better team.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
They're all great but no one gave us much of a chance against Ohio State, probably myself included if I'm being totally honest. I didn't feel that way against FSU going in. I felt we were the better team.
The "talking heads" didn't give us much of a chance either. I remember them saying that f$u would just "release their defensive ends" and it would be a replay of the regular season game.
I didn't believe that, but I figured that Spurrier would come up with a plan to protect Danny. And he sure did.
The more impressive game was the 97 game at The Swamp. I remember the commentators saying before the game that they would beat us by 32 points to "avenge the loss" ...and go on to win the National title. Lol.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The "talking heads" didn't give us much of a chance either. I remember them saying that f$u would just "release their defensive ends" and it would be a replay of the regular season game.
I didn't believe that, but I figured that Spurrier would come up with a plan to protect Danny. And he sure did.
The more impressive game was the 97 game at The Swamp. I remember the commentators saying before the game that they would beat us by 32 points to "avenge the loss" ...and go on to win the National title. Lol.
Biggest change Spurrier made was going to the shotgun in order to take some of the heat off Wuerffel.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Biggest change Spurrier made was going to the shotgun in order to take some of the heat off Wuerffel.
He nearly freakin killed Danny first. I thought he was never going to change.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And he sure did.
That was an underachieving year but at least we got to piss in the Nulls cornflakes.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He nearly freakin killed Danny first. I thought he was never going to change.
He had to do something. What happened to DW in Tallahassee was a bludgeoning. Spurrier probably grew more that season than any other.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He had to do something. What happened to DW in Tallahassee was a bludgeoning. Spurrier probably grew more that season than any other.
I was so mad after the Clowntown loss that year. In part bc of those fvkking refs and in part because SOS wouldn't use the shotgun.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
images

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members