Freshman OL Issiah Walker transfers to Miami

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
As I said earlier in this thread, it’s not even about defending the staff. You can acknowledge that we have major areas that need improvement while also still recognizing that this is about the kids. But even with the perception issue, you can’t ignore the fact that Mullen’s time here has coincided with the new portal phenomenon and overly loose transfer rules. That can’t be compared with previous coaches because transferring like this was almost unheard of. I’ve talked to players who absolutely despised Meyer and still do. Yet they played 5 years under him. Guys like Gould and Sabelhouse were ridiculed widely for leaving and stand out because of the rarity of their move. Today, it’s commonplace. And I guarantee you no one will know this kid’s name 30 years from now, like those examples, mainly because there will be so many ever year. Just different eras entirely.

If we’re truly laying it all at the feet of Mullen, than the question is was this the case at MSu. I honestly don’t know if it was or wasn’t. But I don’t recall hearing about it. The fact that Steele and Walker both went to their home town schools, tells me this was more about them than anything else. Before 3 years ago, they’d have stuck it out because it’s just how it was done and they didn’t have choices readily available. Now, it’s visit, troll for attention, commit, enroll, enter portal, visit, troll for attention again, commit, repeat. We’ve created this problem.

And I’ll still say our inbound transfers have been far more impactful than anyone we’ve lost. Again, we still have major recruiting issues. But this isn’t the same thing, imo.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Funny thing is walker committed at the Auburn game, easily our best most intense home game of last season. It will take all season for the canes to match 90k in attendance

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
The fact we wasted counters on a so called rapist two woman beaters and two mamas boys that’s where my issue lies beyond the recruiting in general

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Yeah gator dave talked about that on the podcast, when walker committed, how many other olinemen went elsewhere bc they didnt want to compete with him

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The fact we wasted counters on a so called rapist two woman beaters and two mamas boys that’s where my issue lies beyond the recruiting in general
You're looking at it the wrong way.

By continually only having 70 ish on scholarship, we are saving at least $500k a year.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
My noley friend says.

"Yeah. Went to Norland. Wanted Miami from the start but Florida offered Mom a job. I think she's a RN.

Job fell thru. Adios Florida"

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Again though, did Meyer or Spurrier take any less risks? Or was it just that they knew once they got the fax in they had a kid for 4 years? Ten years ago, mom sucks it up and Walker and Steele stay. Of course, then, so do Fields and Grimes. But it was a lot better all around than having a constant revolving door, at every program.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
My noley friend says.

"Yeah. Went to Norland. Wanted Miami from the start but Florida offered Mom a job. I think she's a RN.

Job fell thru. Adios Florida"

Almost hope that’s the case. Shows we’re at least getting creative, and now they can both go back to locked down Dade, after losing their apartment deposit here.

Also, get new friends.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Who has Nole friends? I’d rather have no friends

Pug apparently. We all love the guy, but there have always been questions about his sanity. It’s why he only posts memes. We just nod, smile and politely commend him, like Mel Torme with Kramer in the “Jimmy” episode.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
But maybe she couldn’t hack it...and had to take her son and run home

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not with the way Diaz is recruiting. It is good enough to get 10-11 wins. It isn't close to being able to compete with the big boys.

Diaz took 3 classes ranked 6th, 11th and 23rd that were comprised of his exact guys, and not only went sub .500, but lost to atrocious GT and FIU teams, narrowly edging out McElwain’s CMU Chippewas and getting blanked by LaTech in their garbage bowl game.

Diaz’s recruiting issues won’t be the problem. His being mildly retarded, most likely will. If Mullen has committed a fireable offense to this joint, it would be the fact that he almost lost to him in week zero, Franks or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.