Freshman RB Lamical Perine

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
OK first off it looks like he's not getting a redshirt. But I'm hearing a lot of chatter that he has been the most dominant running back of the last two weeks.

Thoughts?

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I figured he would be very good, a stud before he left here; but I never expected him to compete for the job as a true freshman.

Alex.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
OK first off it looks like he's not getting a redshirt. But I'm hearing a lot of chatter that he has been the most dominant running back of the last two weeks.

Thoughts?
I see what you did there!
I love the fact he's getting talked about. Push those guys to be better. Competition breeds excellence!

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The kid paid his own way to take a bus to Gainesville to prove to the coaches he deserved a scholly. This honestly doesn't surprise me at all. Can't wait to see him carry the ball against UMass, as I'm betting nearly the entire first and second string will get a chance to play in that game.

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
On a serious note. He got bumped to a 4 star, but that was after we offered. Mac is a helluvah talent evaluator. I knew he would be good. Saban personally tried to steal him towards the end.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It would be something if this kid was starting later in the season. Looks pretty strong for a freshman.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
On a serious note. He got bumped to a 4 star, but that was after we offered. Mac is a helluvah talent evaluator. I knew he would be good. Saban personally tried to steal him towards the end.

It sounds like some places didn't bump him up until after Saban offered him also down the line - what a joke. Saban told him he was offering him finally because he got bigger and stronger. Glad he turned him down.

TN G8R

Aug 24, 2016
The kid paid his own way to take a bus to Gainesville to prove to the coaches he deserved a scholly. This honestly doesn't surprise me at all. Can't wait to see him carry the ball against UMass, as I'm betting nearly the entire first and second string will get a chance to play in that game.

That's the number one thing that comes to mind every time I hear his name. He was so excited at the opportunity to become a Gator. Nothing was handed to him like the rest of the high profile recruits. He wanted it and he made it happen. I love the story. I believe he is going to be a leader and the face of the program at some point.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
That's the number one thing that comes to mind every time I hear his name. He was so excited at the opportunity to become a Gator. Nothing was handed to him like the rest of the high profile recruits. He wanted it and he made it happen. I love the story. I believe he is going to be a leader and the face of the program at some point.
Welcome. Did you escape the GSMB? Get an avatar.

TN G8R

Aug 24, 2016
Welcome. Did you escape the GSMB? Get an avatar.
Haha, yes. Haven't been active with gatorsports since they continually take down/put up/take down the forums. I miss the old days in the mid-late 2000's when it was a more legit source of info. I saw mention of you starting another site so I thought I'd check it out. I'll work on bringing my avatar with me.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Haha, yes. Haven't been active with gatorsports since they continually take down/put up/take down the forums. I miss the old days in the mid-late 2000's when it was a more legit source of info. I saw mention of you starting another site so I thought I'd check it out. I'll work on bringing my avatar with me.
It's the same people from that board, which like you said used to be great.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I love watching his HS tape. He gets through the hole in a hurry, changes directions well, and isn't afraid to run over people.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
From what I read, he mowed lawns to get enough money to make a six hour bus trip to compete at a Gator camp because he wanted so much to be a Gator. He'll get tackled, but with that much heart, he won't be stopped. Can't wait to see him play.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'm thinking he'll be this years Kronk. We shouldn't really be that shocked if he does have a better year though. It's pretty norm for freshmen to be able to play at RB and WR even in this conference if they truly are talented enough. Look at what guys like Collins, Fournette and Chubb have done in recent years despite being at programs that were stacked at RB when they arrived. Mac won't let talent sit as long as they have everything else in order.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
We need a Davin Cook type RB. Maybe he will be the one.

I think Scarlett has the same type skill set as Cook but I don't see him getting nearly the amount of touches Cook does. This is actually a good thing for us as it shows one position on the field where we are stronger than the Clowns....Also if Cook goes down with an injury they lose about half of their offensive effectiveness. Certainly some of our guys do some things better than others but if one or two of them go down it really won't change what we'll do offensively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb