Freshmen on the OL

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
3 starters were out with minor dings.
But, let's not let facts get in the way.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n212686 said:
LTMason Zandi6'9301SO-1LIrmo, S.C.
Paris Palmer6'8305JR-JCPlymouth, N.C.
LGBrock Stadnik6'5287SO-2LGreensboro, N.C.
Donell Stanley6'4346FR-RSFloydale, S.C.
CCody Waldrop6'2309JR-2LSeffner, Fla.
ORClayton Stadnik6'3273JR-2LGreensboro, N.C.
Alan Knott6'4280SO-1LTyrone, Ga.
RGMike Matulis6'5307SR-2LBoynton Beach, Fla.
Will Sport6'5291JR-2LMilton, Fla.
D.J. Park6'4328SO-1LDillon, S.C.
RTNa'Ty Rodgers6'5280SO-1LWaldor, Md.
Yeah, obviously not 5 scholly OL. Even that is a lil thin. 3 tackles. Notice they went all out to get that 4 star JC transfer.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n212615 said:
No, returning four starters and 13 linemen is in no way comparable to returning 6. When we are getting skullfvkked by Eastern Carolina and Kintucky, remember you heard it here first.

We won't have to worry about remembering it, because if it does happen, you will be on here gloating about it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'll be sending a few hitmen to Awbrun, not that it's really any worse than what the Dwag has already done to us by losing to Vandy and Ga South.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think we should just forfeit the season right now.

:surrender:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
LagoonGator68;n212687 said:
3 starters were out with minor dings.
But, let's not let facts get in the way.
I said that they went through the spring with 5 scholarship linemen, right? If you watch their spring game I guarantee you that you'll hear them say it!

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
I said that they went through the spring with 5 scholarship linemen, right? If you watch their spring game I guarantee you that you'll hear them say it!

They return 9 letterman plus a 305 lb. Juco. WTF does that have to do with our returning only ONE guy with about a dozen snaps and 5 guys who have never seen the field?
I'll hang up and listen.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Look fellas, it's going to be rough, but I'm not running up any white flag just yet.

OL is about talent and skill, but it is also about coordination. Sometimes just a couple of injuries can turn a great OL into a bad OL because the guys haven't played together enough. That's partly what happened to us in '96 when Danny got killed in Tallahassee.

Think about all those early-season games we have played against teams like UAB and Louisiana Lafayette. Generally speaking, their OL aren't very talented. So why don't we end up with a dozen sacks in those games? Why do we give up more than 50 rushing yards? Man to man, our DL should be able to whip their man every single down. So why doesn't that happen? Because those OL have gelled as a unit and aren't missing assignments. They are in position, they are picking up blitzers, and they are helping where help is needed.

IF (and that's a big IF) we can come out of the Summer with 5 starters who have played together as a unit enough to know their assignments and know each other, we should be able to scrape by.

God forbid we have any injuries and have to shuffle people around on that line. If that happens, we might have to put Grier in a bear suit to save his life.

Alex.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
LagoonGator68;n212755 said:
They return 9 letterman plus a 305 lb. Juco. WTF does that have to do with our returning only ONE guy with about a dozen snaps and 5 guys who have never seen the field?
I'll hang up and listen.
It has absolutely nothing to do with our situation SMARTASS,but we're not the only ones who are thin upfront.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
chferg;n210440 said:
I am just glad we are having this problem on year one. If this was 2-4 years down the road it could derail Mac's progress.

As other posters have mentioned, we will probably take our lumps early but definietely could bode well for us in the future.

Get some playmakers at receiver and we should be loaded and ready for a champ run in 3 years from today.
Or 3 months. We'll know soon enough.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My arm is all rested after giving up last year.

We are going to be great! We are the best! These guys are going to gel and kick butt. Mac has found a way to exploit their strengths and discount their negatives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.