From the stand this past weekend...

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Some good eatin' there, congrats.

I am heading up to lease in GA tomorrow for a week. The rut should be turned on now.

lrtx1

Dec 2, 2014
Anyone shoot pigs? I don't care much for deer hunting but, shooting pigs with a suppressed AR outfitted with NV is a blast. 20170603_221449_zpsoz3kxpwp.jpg 20170225_202430_zpsesfbugzx.jpg STC_0051_zps8z8powh5.jpg

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Anyone shoot pigs? I don't care much for deer hunting but, shooting pigs with a suppressed AR outfitted with NV is a blast.

i will if the opportunity presents itself while deer hunting, coyotes, too. We had some hogs show up on trail cameras on the lease this fall.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Anyone shoot pigs? I don't care much for deer hunting but, shooting pigs with a suppressed AR outfitted with NV is a blast.

If I see any pigs on any farm I hunt, I will kill them faster than a yote. So far the only thing we've seen outside of deer, yotes and tree rats is yogi. Yep. Got a fat young black bear on cam earlier in the year when they roam around more.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
That's weird. I just hosted them via imgur. They aren't videos...just simple jpegs.

They're viewable on my desktop, but thx for posting them natively too.

Question, so that little tent thing w/bedding...you just sleep in the woods and don't have a camp-house (or pull behind camper) on site?

So you just go wherever and sleep in the woods for XX amount of days to hunt?

That's hard-core man.

And freakin awesome!

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
They're viewable on my desktop, but thx for posting them natively too.

Question, so that little tent thing w/bedding...you just sleep in the woods and don't have a camp-house (or pull behind camper) on site?

So you just go wherever and sleep in the woods for XX amount of days to hunt?

That's hard-core man.

And freakin awesome!

Well...that's mostly how it works. The tent cot is not particularly portable. Weighs around 20-30 lbs by itself and is pretty bulky. So I'm not going to go very far with it. I usually just drive where ever I'm going to hunt and pitch it next to the truck.

The club in NC does not have a house or camper, though I suppose I could set up the tent cot in the tobacco barn if I wanted to in case of rain.

Its really amazing how warm it is. Just wear a hoodie to keep your head and ears warm. The coldest I've ever camped in it was in the mid 20s overnight. The Eddie Bauer sleeping bag and insulated long johns makes up for an awful lot.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Well...that's mostly how it works. The tent cot is not particularly portable. Weighs around 20-30 lbs by itself and is pretty bulky. So I'm not going to go very far with it. I usually just drive where ever I'm going to hunt and pitch it next to the truck.

The club in NC does not have a house or camper, though I suppose I could set up the tent cot in the tobacco barn if I wanted to in case of rain.

Its really amazing how warm it is. Just wear a hoodie to keep your head and ears warm. The coldest I've ever camped in it was in the mid 20s overnight. The Eddie Bauer sleeping bag and insulated long johns makes up for an awful lot.

Agree completely, your setup is sufficient for cold weather. I just can't believe you hunt (i.e. CAMP) like this. I know a bunch of people that hunt and NOBODY does it like this. You're hard core.

I wished you also jumped over park benches because I want to call you hard core parkour right now.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
So yesterday there were eight in the back yard at one point including this guy. They really love our acorns! upload_2019-11-13_11-5-36.jpeg

Last edited:

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
From the backyard of my former home in the ATL. Trail camera set up by a molasses deer block. My back porch in the background. The deer was licking his chops.
f7b7381ac639547a9a9d259f3b62d647.jpg

Last edited:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Two flocks that hang out in the woods around the cabin-they seem to stay in their own group-this one has eleven and when they seem to have a destination in mind they travel in a string like ducks
DSC04588.JPG
DSC04584.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator