Frost #1 on UF's list

Mim Jacelwain

Oct 30, 2017

:chomp:
And on that note, I think I'll have a cigar and a white Russian.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I posted this in the older Frost/UCF thread that got locked:

Here's another interesting connection between Frost and UF:

Randy Shannon Jr is a freshman LB on the UCF team.

Jordan Franks (Filepe's older brother) is a senior TE on the UCF team.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is from another board:

This is from the UCF staff writer on the UCF board on TOS. From different sources but sounds like it’s very similar info as was posted above in regards to Frost being UF’s clear #1 choice and Frost being on board whenever the official offer comes. I’m sure no contract will be signed until UCF’s regular season is over but that doesn’t stop Frost’s agent and Stricklin from getting everything worked out in principle so they are ready to move fast when UCF ‘s regular season is done or their conference championship which is December 2nd if they make it.

“So here's the latest I have regarding Frost and the Florida opening...

I've spent today gathering some more info. A source told me Florida has zeroed in on Frost as their top target, and boosters have already been in contract with Frost's representatives, gauging his interest in Florida. I was also told Steve Spurrier, who's a consultant for Florida athletics, gave his blessing to Stricklin on Frost as the top choice. Florida is fearful they could lose Frost to Nebraska if that job comes open. They're going after him immediately.

Things could escalate quickly between Florida and Frost. However - if he is offered and accepts the job - I doubt he leaves UCF prior to their potential conference championship game in December.”

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Be honest, most of you guys will hate whomever we hire. ;)

Well let's go back through the hires I can remember:

1. Doug Dickey, I think the fans were pretty much on board. I think players wanted Gene Ellison, but I do not remember that having much influence on how the fan base felt about getting a Gator grad who had won an elusive SEC title at UTn.

2. Charlie Pell, I think almost the entire fan base was quite happy to get a guy who had won an NC at Clemson. There were some minor rumblings about him but not much that I remember.

3. Steve Spurrier: Pretty much unanimous good feelings, though I am sure there were a few doubters.

4. Ron Zook: After pursuing some big names, most people said WHAT?

5. Urban Meyer: The fan base was ok with Meyer, but worried about letting Spurrier go to SoCar. Without Spurrier out there, I think the fan base would have been happy without reservations.

6. Will Muschamp: This came out of the blue and the fan base said, a dwag, WHAT?

7. Jim McElwain: Many UF fans went into this search pessimistic and basically said WHAT AGAIN and then tried to give him a chance.

So the fan base has been generally on board with 4 of the 7 hires in my memory. The common denominator of the 3 where the fan base was not on board was one particular AD did the hire by himself.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Well let's go back through the hires I can remember:

1. Doug Dickey, I think the fans were pretty much on board. I think players wanted Gene Ellison, but I do not remember that having much influence on how the fan base felt about getting a Gator grad who had won an elusive SEC title at UTn.

2. Charlie Pell, I think almost the entire fan base was quite happy to get a guy who had won an NC at Clemson. There were some minor rumblings about him but not much that I remember.

3. Steve Spurrier: Pretty much unanimous good feelings, though I am sure there were a few doubters.

4. Ron Zook: After pursuing some big names, most people said WHAT?

5. Urban Meyer: The fan base was ok with Meyer, but worried about letting Spurrier go to SoCar. Without Spurrier out there, I think the fan base would have been happy without reservations.

6. Will Muschamp: This came out of the blue and the fan base said, a dwag, WHAT?

7. Jim McElwain: Many UF fans went into this search pessimistic and basically said WHAT AGAIN and then tried to give him a chance.

So the fan base has been generally on board with 4 of the 7 hires in my memory. The common denominator of the 3 where the fan base was not on board was one particular AD did the hire by himself.

You left off Galen Hall, which the fan base was happy with also.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not if they lose to USF.

That is going to be an interesting game, but no matter the outcome, I'm still more on the Frost team than the Strong team. Charlie is a great guy, and yes, he'll always be a Gator in my eyes, but I think he's proven he isn't cut out to be a HC at a major program. We don't know if Frost is either, but he sure checks all the blocks.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I look at this thread and think "for what the hell do we keep Nav around anyway?"

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
You left off Galen Hall, which the fan base was happy with also.

Yeah, but I don't remember a search to hire Hall. I think he was hired as an interim and then made permanent. So I took it to be different, but I agree with you I do not remember dissent about hiring Hall either.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mac had three years as a HC and won a ring with Saban.

Frost has two years as a HC and NCAA laundry with Chip Kelly.

Rinse and ****ing repeat. A bargain bin hire.

We'll be back here at this same spot three years from now if we hire Frost. A coach with less than two seasons as a head coach is nothing to get excited over.

You're kidding, right? You talking about the guy who took over a "winnless program" and in his 2nd season, has his team sitting at 7-0, averages over 50 points per game, has the 1st ranked offense, and his team ranked 15?.?.?. You talking about that guy???

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb