Frost leads Nebraska to worst season start EVER

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's much too early to make a call on Frost. The college football history map is loaded with examples of coaches who struggled early on in transition, only to go on to big success. His story will eventually translate in Lincoln, which is a suburb of Omaha. That's not exactly deadsville.

But if he and Nebraska are in trouble, we're probably not far behind. Check the latest Rivals 2019 rankings. Nebraska is at #21 followed by Florida.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm writing him off, and he deserves the scorn. He took a job he didn't want because he didn't have the balls to say no. He folded like a cheap suit under the pressure of jackasses like Tom Osbourne. Hell, Frost knew what he was getting into because he already lived through fan hell there, and that's when the team was actually good.

What he really wanted to do was stay at UCF. Instead, he heads into an absolute nightmare scenario in which he's supposed to be the savior that takes Nebraska back to the glory days, something that will never happen again. This one is going to end very, very badly.
I don't agree at all. I'm not saying he'll bring them back to the Tom Osbourne days but he'll turn them around and make them competative. They were abysmal last year with worse talent than we had, if that's possible, and just like with Mullen it's ridiculous to expect miracles overnight.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
What might have been..............makes my heart cold just imagining it.........I think he really wanted to go home
and bring the corn scrapers back to glory............

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What might have been. Makes my heart cold just imagining it. I think he really wanted to go home and bring the corn scrapers back to glory.

FIFY.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I'm sorry but Auburn had NC hopes until Georgia beat them in the SEC CG. Playing a directional school in the Peach bowl was nothing to get up for. How many times have we seen a lackadaisical Florida team in a bowl game after having our season's aspirations dashed.

I agree. A great Alabama team got beat by Utah after we beat them. It was pretty apparent that the team Florida had played in the SEC title game didn't have their heart in it and for Utah it was the Super Bowl. Same thing with Boise and Oklahoma. That win over a beat up Auburn team didn't prove diddly squat about UCF. That's not to say I don't think Frost could have been a good one in a few years - but he basically committed career suicide.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't agree at all. I'm not saying he'll bring them back to the Tom Osbourne days but he'll turn them around and make them competative. They were abysmal last year with worse talent than we had, if that's possible, and just like with Mullen it's ridiculous to expect miracles overnight.
They didn’t hire him to just be competitive. They were mostly competitive under the last guy. He didn’t take over a 2 win team.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Nebraska shoulda never fired the guy that called their AD a bitch. He had them winning 9 games a year

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
So you have seen no bad areas in Florida?

Belle Glade, Liberty City, Immokalee Florida City?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If you don't have any tools or a box its hard build anything. Look at all these programs. Jimbo didn't care anymore(should've fired trickett in 2014), fsu ol is terrible, mora didn't coach or build balanced rosters(Ucla has 67 players right now), Frost is cleaning up a team devoid of talent. Mullen is still going to have to fix the problems caused by Mac, jimbo looks revitalized at TAMU but they still suck. UT is a dumpster fire like I've never seen, Moorhead is being an idiot not starting Thompson over Fitzgerald.
Damn millennials. Its all their fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator