Frost turned down UF over assistant coaches?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Frost fired after year 3. Book it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Frost is as big of a can't miss coaching prospect as their has been in a while. In 3 years Mullen and stricklin will be out. Frost will have Nebraska rolling.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Frost is as big of a can't miss coaching prospect as their has been in a while. In 3 years Mullen and stricklin will be out. Frost will have Nebraska rolling.
:drunk2:

You are a clown if you think he'll ever assemble enough talent there be "rolling". Sober up.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lots of trolling going on. If someone had told you a year ago that Frost would lead UCF to an undefeated season including a bowl win over the SEC West champion, would you have believed?

This is not a guy I want to sell short.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Frost is the second coming......book it!

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I am not sure why?

1. Spurrier brought his entire staff of nobodies to UF.

2. I much much prefer having UF's football staff picked by a football coach than an AD.

3. This smacks of Foleyism which has rotted out the core of UF football. UF does great in all the sports Foley didn't/doesn't care about and hires a coach and leaves them alone. UF does much less well in the sport Foley did/does meddle in.

My comment was more of an observation of our fanbase and how they would react. I don't remember if Spurrier brought a staff of nobodies in 1990. That was 28 years ago and the landscape has changed a bit, don't you think? Some people will view this has the AD sticking his nose where it doesn't belong. Others would've roasted Stricklin if he let Frost bring in nobodies, just like Foley was criticized for all of mac's bargain bin hires.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Lots of trolling going on. If someone had told you a year ago that Frost would lead UCF to an undefeated season including a bowl win over the SEC West champion, would you have believed?

This is not a guy I want to sell short.
And at a school like UF, he could have flourished. No chance of doing it there, kids don't want to live in freaking Nebraska.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And at a school like UF, he could have flourished. No chance of doing it there, kids don't want to live in freaking Nebraska.
Tuscaloosa either. Maybe even more.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Tuscaloosa either. Maybe even more.

Yep, and they definitely don't want to live in Columbus, Ohio.....College Station, PA.....or many other undesirable locations where schools manage to win football games. In the last 10 years, Nebraska has won 9 games or more 8 times (8 out of 10 seasons) and won 10 games three times. Yeah....nobody can win there.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Yep, and they definitely don't want to live in Columbus, Ohio.....College Station, PA.....or many other undesirable locations where schools manage to win football games. In the last 10 years, Nebraska has won 9 games or more 8 times (8 out of 10 seasons) and won 10 games three times. Yeah....nobody can win there.

Would you be happy with 9 win seasons over 10 years ?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think it's any different than it ever was. I left the yellow snow of Chicago for Gainesville 43.5 years ago. Nebraska was pulling its weight pretty good back then.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Would you be happy with 9 win seasons over 10 years ?

No. But I think Frost is a better coach than Bo Pelini and Mike Riley. If they can do it, why can't he? Riley won 9 games 2 years ago. I don't get understand what point you're trying to make - that Frost will do exactly what his predecessors did?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
:bwahaha:

I'm guessing that's why they ran the coach off on a rail, right?

Those people are insane. They are still living in the 70's - 90's, and expect National Championships, not 8 or 9 win seasons. Trust me I know - my cousin started games for them when the downfall started and I've heard the stories. They expect Frost to win NOW and win BIG and win IT ALL immediately. It's going to be an epic disappointment for them.

And another thing: Places like Columbus or College Station are SIGNIFICANTLY better places to be than Lincoln.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.