FSU announces $65 million stand-alone football facility

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Your post is very ironic, primarily because you’re just wrong but also because I thought the UAA would better educate their shills.

There isn’t an equal expenditures requirement under title IX. The only equality provision is $ value for total scholarships given. All Athlete’s must be treated fairly relative to each other but that provision doesn’t address the spending gripe others are raising and it doesn’t require new stadiums for anyone. Come back again with another strawman argument and we’ll deal with it next.

LMGTFY

The Professor is used to lecturing young timid minds who know better than argue facts or opinions with their professor. All this lecturing over the years instills a false sense of intelligence. And his cat just loves him no matter what.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Why do you have a both government and academic institutions in the same discussion?

BTW, government bodies do not care about interest rates and credit ratings. That's what us plebes are for.
Wrong. State of florida politicians certainly have bragged about our credit rating in the past. The CEO of the S&P was fired after they lowered the US credit rating so the US certainly cares. They have force that smaller municipalities do not have. State Politicians certainly do care. Affects how much they can spend.

FYI that professor's specialty was insects not economics.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Your post is very ironic, primarily because you’re just wrong but also because I thought the UAA would better educate their shills.

There isn’t an equal expenditures requirement under title IX. The only equality provision is $ value for total scholarships given. All Athlete’s must be treated fairly relative to each other but that provision doesn’t address the spending gripe others are raising and it doesn’t require new stadiums for anyone. Come back again with another strawman argument and we’ll deal with it next.

LMGTFY
The only person who said it was equal was you. Not as cut and dry as you maintain. The way Stricklin spoke he has to be careful.

Title IX Cases Warn Administrators to Address Facilities Disparities - Athletic Business

Title IX at 40: Most schools still aren't in compliance

Last edited:

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
And that’s why Striclin gets paid the big bucks. To figure this out. Anyone can stand on the sidelines and quote rules and regs. Any good executive figures out how to get what he needs with the least amount of risk. If you’re not willing to take any risk, you probably should just get out. Our competitors don’t seem to be all that concerned about this as they’re pouring money into football facilities. That tells
me it’s very doable.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You dont have a fvkking clue what you are talking about, as always.

You telling me Trailerbammer is illegally failing to field a lacrosse team or illegally putting their football money into football?

Dont bother answering (deflecting). I really dont care to read more of the feces that flows from you.

Careful Swonk, shut down byrdpost and you threaten the survival of the feces.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
The only person who said it was equal was you.

Ahem, you were saying ...

Title IX forces this. If you do stuff for the men you have to do stuff for the women.

Hold on, let me help you, Byrd: “when I used the exact same word for men and women in this context I really meant less than equal and substantially different. See the exact word ‘equal’ isn’t there.”

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Moody's assigns credit ratings to colleges and so does Jason while asserting he's just an average Joe with no vested interest.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Really who gives a shyt about winning so long as we have a great bond rating, amirite?

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Wrong. State of florida politicians certainly have bragged about our credit rating in the past. The CEO of the S&P was fired after they lowered the US credit rating so the US certainly cares. They have force that smaller municipalities do not have. State Politicians certainly do care. Affects how much they can spend.

FYI that professor's specialty was insects not economics.

You move the goalposts with the best of them.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018

Hold on, let me help you, Byrd: “when I used the exact same word for men and women in this context I really meant less than equal and substantially different. See the exact word ‘equal’ isn’t there.”

Nice try but I specifically said I did not know the exact formula.
I was very specific to say FORMULA as it obviously is not currently equal. YOU brought up equal not me.

It is a grey area and it clears up when women sue. Probably why Stricklin was intentionally vague when asked. We obviously just partially offset the upcoming larger baseball and football facility upgrades with a lesser amount of woman facility spending which heads off litigation of women athletes.

Last edited:

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Really who gives a shyt about winning so long as we have a great bond rating, amirite?
Using your type rationalization is how people go bankrupt on excessive debt. UF uses debt at manageable levels.

Georgia is kicking butt right now and they have conservative reserves and less debt than UF. They just picked up a great recruiting coach who was an alum.

Last edited:

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Georgia is kicking butt right now and they have conservative reserves and less debt than UF. They just picked up a great recruiting coach who was an alum.

I heard about that

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Using your type rationalization is how people go bankrupt on excessive debt. UF uses debt at manageable levels.

Are you trying to say a fiscally responsible organization can win with recruiting? Are you serious?

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Any wonder why Swamp Ass was happy to be rid of him?
I am not banned there. Are you?

Over 7,000 positive coments on over 4,000 posts is why I am not banned there. Of course you know you are very unpopular there. You have over 36,000 posts here. Things that make you go hmmmm.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator