FSU Fan Meltdown: #1 Recruit in nation flips to JSU, then flips them off

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
It remains to be seen if NIL breaks college football but this is an example of what's to come. The amazing thing is how many people argued this wouldn't happen. Any school that wants can buy a championship roster. The NCAA is powerless to police NIL. Honestly it's amazing that they somehow blocked adults from earning a living for so long.

It's going to be fun to watch over the next few years. Fun like watching a train wreck.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
So tired of 18 year old prima donnas running College Football.
This crap is way the hell out of line.
If an education at a great university and all the perks that go with that is not enough, then scrap the whole damn "student athlete" charade and be done with it.

No more athletic scholarships at all.
None....Done...F these damned entitled pricks.

Wonder how many "NIL" deals players at Army , Navy and Air force are going to rake in?

They've effectively killed the Golden Goose with this crap and, I think they should get what they've "earned".
Which is not a damned thing.

Scrap the whole damned system and let these entitled children get what they deserve.

When the "Players Union" for NCAA athletes kicks in, Most of you will eventually come to realize, this system as we know it, is dead, will not have the appeal it once had, and all that TV Cash will eventually dry up too.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
If an education at a great university and all the perks that go with that is not enough, then scrap the whole damn "student athlete" charade and be done with it.

Wonder how many "NIL" deals players at Army , Navy and Air force are going to rake in?

They've effectively killed the Golden Goose with this crap and, I think they should get what they've "earned".

Scrap the whole damned system and let these entitled children get what they deserve.

When the "Players Union" for NCAA athletes kicks in, Most of you will eventually come to realize, this system as we know it, is dead, will not have the appeal it once had, and all that TV Cash will eventually dry up too.
Mostly agree with the sentiment.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

The players never made college football and basketball into big business. The conferences and their schools did. Why shouldn’t the actual players be able to profit off their NIL while playing for a multi-billion dollar business as “amateurs”.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
The players never made college football and basketball into big business. The conferences and their schools did. Why shouldn’t the actual players be able to profit off their NIL while playing for a multi-billion dollar business as “amateurs”.
No doubt, the tv contracts and coach salaries have gotten way out of hand.
No doubt, the Schools make obscene money off of college sports.

I think kids going to school get plenty of compensation from these top notch programs.
From benefitting from coaching, to nutrition, to strength and conditioning, to national exposure to an actual top notch education that millions of other kids never get that same type opportunity.
Give me a damn break, these kids ARE compensated and compensated handsomely.

This NIL shet is just another manifestation of victimhood.
Ohhhh...Poor Poor me.....I'm "slaving" everyday in this multi million dollars football complex, with my every need catered to, with a team of assistants making sure I get to class, eat right and don't miss a homework assignment.
Oh, this is soooo bad. Pease save me from the horror's.

So, Get million dollar Insurance policies on these kids in case they ruin their career, set up a trust fund or invest in an annuity, there are several ways to set this thing back to the center without these obscene pay to play schemes that are just beginning. It's going to get much worse and, when there isn't enough cash to go around to these poor , poor victims, they're going to unionize.

This sport is being changed forever, because people in this country think they deserve something , they haven't earned.
The coaches HAVE earned something, the Schools HAVE earned something the Power 5 conferences HAVE earned something....
The SE Conference has been playing football for over 125 years.

These damned spoiled kids haven't proven themselves on the field, YET.

Blow it up!
No Scholarships for ANYONE

TaterGator

Mmmm Taters
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2014

No doubt, the tv contracts and coach salaries have gotten way out of hand.
No doubt, the Schools make obscene money off of college sports.

I think kids going to school get plenty of compensation from these top notch programs.
From benefitting from coaching, to nutrition, to strength and conditioning, to national exposure to an actual top notch education that millions of other kids never get that same type opportunity.
Give me a damn break, these kids ARE compensated and compensated handsomely.

This NIL shet is just another manifestation of victimhood.
Ohhhh...Poor Poor me.....I'm "slaving" everyday in this multi million dollars football complex, with my every need catered to, with a team of assistants making sure I get to class, eat right and don't miss a homework assignment.
Oh, this is soooo bad. Pease save me from the horror's.

So, Get million dollar Insurance policies on these kids in case they ruin their career, set up a trust fund or invest in an annuity, there are several ways to set this thing back to the center without these obscene pay to play schemes that are just beginning. It's going to get much worse and, when there isn't enough cash to go around to these poor , poor victims, they're going to unionize.

This sport is being changed forever, because people in this country think they deserve something , they haven't earned.
The coaches HAVE earned something, the Schools HAVE earned something the Power 5 conferences HAVE earned something....
The SE Conference has been playing football for over 125 years.

These damned spoiled kids haven't proven themselves on the field, YET.

Blow it up!
No Scholarships for ANYONE
I'm starting to get the idea that you are against NIL

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I firmly believe the kids should be able to profit off of NIL. I also firmly believe the teams should be filled by kids who are actually student athletes. The vast majority of these kids couldn't graduate from community college on their own.

I think it's high time for the NFL to create a developmental league and let these kids play in that. Their NIL deals will shrivel up, because they are dependent on the University names and the exposure the schools offer them. Without that, no one would care. College football would still be just as popular without the top tier guys as it is with them.

The NFL has done a tremendous job of letting boosters and universities finance their farm system.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It’s now official.

A college education is completely worthless to the people that need a college education more than anyone else in America.
At least we don’t have to pretend anymore.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Is that why Harvard vs. Yale still pulls in top ratings every year?
The first time I went to a dog track I was struck by how boring it was to watch dogs run in circles. Then I placed a $2 bet and suddenly that race became the very exciting to watch. It wasn't the sport that held my interest it was that I had a vested interest in who won.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
The first time I went to a dog track I was struck by how boring it was to watch dogs run in circles. Then I placed a $2 bet and suddenly that race became the very exciting to watch. It wasn't the sport that held my interest it was that I had a vested interest in who won.
I would agree wholeheartedly. The only time I gave a damn about the NFL was when I participated in a fantasy league. I was like a funching junkie watching a meaningless game hoping some running back got over 50 yards in rushing.

But to be honest, it won’t be as popular as @alcoholica suggested. I do agree there needs to be a NFL developmental league, but it will be at the cost of collegiate football.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I would agree wholeheartedly. The only time I gave a damn about the NFL was when I participated in a fantasy league. I was like a funching junkie watching a meaningless game hoping some running back got over 50 yards in rushing.

But to be honest, it won’t be as popular as @alcoholica suggested. I do agree there needs to be a NFL developmental league, but it will be at the cost of collegiate football.

It’s certainly possible, but hard to say. It depends on how much fan loyalty there is to college sports vs the desire to see the best athletes. Speed is relative on the field. 4.6 isn’t super fast unless everyone else is running a 4.8… there could still be exciting college football. The biggest question would be how much a developmental league would affect college fb revenue. THAT will likely determine if cfb lives or dies.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
The biggest question would be how much a developmental league would affect college fb revenue.
If the D league played their season in the Spring so as to not compete directly against cfb.

Also I would like to see college scholarships contain a clause that students accepting a scholarship waive rights to NIL, provided the school does not market using a student’s NIL. If a developmental league was established.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

I held your Mom's interest for $2.

Twice.

Alex.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
If the D league played their season in the Spring so as to not compete directly against cfb.

Also I would like to see college scholarships contain a clause that students accepting a scholarship waive rights to NIL, provided the school does not market using a student’s NIL. If a developmental league was established.
I like the idea of a D league, but I just don't see it happening. I just don't see colleges giving up the golden egg without a fight, and the NFL is not going to put up the capital needed to start another league

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
when I participated in a fantasy league. I was like a funching junkie watching a meaningless game hoping some running back got over 50 yards in rushing.

#metoo (even did a college fantasy league)

Finally broke the addiction last year with help from COVID.
Just didn't seem to feel like it was worth it anymore since the games were sort of haphazard and meaningless last year.
So that's one upside of this virus... I guess.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Samford looked pretty exciting against us, Jacksonville St looked exciting against FSU

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb