FSU hires Cornrow Norvell from bottom feeder Memphis

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well I kept hearing they couldn't afford to fire him, but now they have. I'm not going to be surprised now when they shell out 6 mil plus for a new coach. Mullen's day just got worse.
I don’t agree. The significant funds it will take to clear out slick Willie, any assistants, and hire the next guy likely with a buyout is coming out of somewhere. As for coach he’s got a lot bigger issue getting past smart than worrying about the clowns next hire.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Yeah those idiots acting like the fan telling the terrible coach how much he sucks is the problem :lol:. 2 more wins by that idiot and we've got him there at least another year.

This is awesome. It's completely clear at this point that this turd isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

He's there at least another year even if they lose out. We got what we wanted.

These post from this week aged well.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@PeteThamel: The buyout for Willie Taggart is more than $17 million. FSU will end up paying more than $20 million to buy out the whole staff at the end of the year. One of the bigger buyouts in college football history.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I don’t agree. The significant funds it will take to clear out slick WiLLLLLLLie, any assistants, and hire the next guy likely with a buyout is coming out of somewhere. As for coach he’s got a lot bigger issue getting past smart than worrying about the clowns next hire.

Well right now Fsu was no threat at all to him with Willie, if they get a competent coach, it'll just add one more headache for him. Got to own your state.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Urban Myer to FSU where he won't have to compete with the likes of Alabama (created his health problems) and is in a weaker conference than the SEC or Big10.
:snicker:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
They raised $20M in private donations just to get rid of him. :lol:

Florida State fires Taggart after less than 2 years

I think that’s such a bad look for them. As I’ve said, when a trigger is pulled, it means the meetings have already been had and discussions were underway weeks, if not months, ago. This isn’t about miami or fighting for .500 again. When they get 20 million just like that, it all but confirms he was a dead man coming into the year—his second.

We got beaten up so much for RZ, WM and even JM with just as much or more ammunition. I hope they get destroyed in the national media for this.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I think that’s such a bad look for them. As I’ve said, when a trigger is pulled, it means the meetings have already been had and discussions were underway weeks, if not months, ago. This isn’t about miami or fighting for .500 again. When they get 20 million just like that, it all but confirms he was a dead man coming into the year—his second.

We got beaten up so much for RZ, WM and even JM with just as much or more ammunition. I hope they get destroyed in the national media for this.

I don't think they care what the national media thinks at this point.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
It has to be Urban, you don't raise 20 million to buy the staff out unless you tell them you have the top guy lined up to take over.

Actually, it is more likely Brian Kelly. He will be their top guy. Meyer is a pipe dream. Kelly, they have a legit shot at.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Their AD already proclaimed to the media that Urban Meyer would not be pursued. He went out of his way to say that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb