FSU hires Cornrow Norvell from bottom feeder Memphis

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I don't think they care what the national media thinks at this point.

I don’t disagree. But it definitely paints them in a negative light to future prospects. I said months ago the biggest favor Fisher did us was being 7-5 in his final year. There was this belief that they needed to be rebuilt, and as preposterous as it was, it’s still being mentioned. So if they only gave him 1 year to get that fixed, how long is the next guy getting to fix a much worse overall mess. If I’m a coach that has options, I’m not touching that job right now.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think that’s such a bad look for them. As I’ve said, when a trigger is pulled, it means the meetings have already been had and discussions were underway weeks, if not months, ago. This isn’t about miami or fighting for .500 again. When they get 20 million just like that, it all but confirms he was a dead man coming into the year—his second.

We got beaten up so much for RZ, WM and even JM with just as much or more ammunition. I hope they get destroyed in the national media for this.
I mean they were headed for a second straight 5-7 season while being 0-6 against rivals with no light at the end of the tunnel. They were pretty justified. At least with us, people could point to Muschamp's one good year in 2012 or injuries in 2013, and with Mac they could point to our division "titles" in '15 and '16.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This really pisses me off even more since I was planning on starting a "Don't fire Willie" chant at the FSU game this year. :gah:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I don’t disagree. But it definitely paints them in a negative light to future prospects. I said months ago the biggest favor Fisher did us was being 7-5 in his final year. There was this belief that they needed to be rebuilt, and as preposterous as it was, it’s still being mentioned. So if they only gave him 1 year to get that fixed, how long is the next guy getting to fix a much worse overall mess. If I’m a coach that has options, I’m not touching that job right now.

I know it's a mess, but I can't imagine they get a worse coach than Willie, and that stinks.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I think that’s such a bad look for them. As I’ve said, when a trigger is pulled, it means the meetings have already been had and discussions were underway weeks, if not months, ago. This isn’t about miami or fighting for .500 again. When they get 20 million just like that, it all but confirms he was a dead man coming into the year—his second.

We got beaten up so much for RZ, WM and even JM with just as much or more ammunition. I hope they get destroyed in the national media for this.

I think it just shows their more serious about winning.

theoriginalmadgator

Aug 16, 2019
@PeteThamel: The buyout for WiLLLLLLLie Taggart is more than $17 million. FSU will end up paying more than $20 million to buy out the whole staff at the end of the year. One of the bigger buyouts in college football history.

They still owe Oregon $1.5m

and then they have to pay the next guy.....

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
A logical hire would be Mark Stoops, who hit his ceiling at UK. Maybe even Venables from Tater.

But we're not dealing with logic here, so the FSU Top 5 will be, in no particular order,

Chizik
Bob Stoops (old)
Urban (never)
Brian Kelly (never)
Kiffin

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It’s a damn shame Willie didn’t get to complete his 10 best wins list at Clown College, got a big blank spot at #10.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The perfect candidate, who received an even bigger buyout than Willllllie…...

Charlie-Weis.jpg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This really pisses me off even more since I was planning on starting a "Don't fire WiLLLLLLLie" chant at the FSU game this year. :gah:

I heard this morning there were miami fans wearing “don’t fire WT”shirts yesterday. Probably sent them over the edge. You have to play it balanced and at least try to indicate he may be the right guy, you’re concerned, etc.

Leave it to canes fans to mess things up.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Nole buddy just told me....

3 to Oregon and the 1.6 Oregon owed USF

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I added this to an earlier post in jest but if money becomes an issue maybe Mark Richt gives them a discount if they get desperate.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
All the reports out of Tally over the last few weeks is that fsu wants a big time hire and is willing to spend what is necessary. Whether they get a guy like that I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb