Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
tenor.gif

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If there’s a silver lining, it’s that Haggins is a fixture at the school and may be given a chance to earn his position over the next month. If he beats BC and gets them to a bowl, it may be hard to fire him and they may be stuck again.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
We will see if they go for a big buyout name somewhere (as if they’d be interested after this debacle). I’m really in disbelief there’s no way this doesn’t set them back in a big way financially.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Told y'all who were saying they couldn't afford to do this that you're retarded. No question they were gonna fire him if he sucked this year.
The question becomes “what can they afford now?” Also, “how much taxpayer money gets wasted to cover this?”

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I know a guy with past state of Florida experience coming off an impressive offensive performance where they blew out a peer. He’s got Saban cred - just like Jimbo!

VirginiaGator

VA to RI to FL
Jul 9, 2014
I mean they kind of did. Mac won two division titles in a row. We would be untouchable if we fired a coach during one of those years. He got fired a half season after that.

Champ didn’t get fired in 2013 although he should have, we lost like half the roster to injury that year and was outed the following year.
I should have phrased that better. I wish that after Champ we should have recognized the damage and hired an elite coach. But I don't remember Champ's buyout either. Just seems like FSU was quick to recognize the damage and made a change. Just adding to frustration of this weekend.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
FSU admin taking care of business.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I posted in the other thread that you have ti give those :nole::nole::nole::nole::nole: credit for acting quickly and supposedly raising 20 MIL. Question is @oxrageous do you still think they try and hire another minority to help justify the less than 2 year thing?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
We will see if they go for a big buyout name somewhere (as if they’d be interested after this debacle). I’m really in disbelief there’s no way this doesn’t set them back in a big way financially.

Well I kept hearing they couldn't afford to fire him, but now they have. I'm not going to be surprised now when they shell out 6 mil plus for a new coach. Mullen's day just got worse.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Willie Taggart had a 6yr/$30M contract with FSU and they owe him 85% of the remaining salary. So Taggart will tack home approx $17M on his way out of FSU plus the approx $10M he made already. Many boosters had to be consulted to cover this bill.

Gonna be a lot of :nole: alums working overtime slinging burgers and fries to pay that bill.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
If there’s a silver lining, it’s that Haggins is a fixture at the school and may be given a chance to earn his position over the next month. If he beats BC and gets them to a bowl, it may be hard to fire him and they may be stuck again.

No way. Just like we still keep trying daily to flush Fooley and all his minions and stench down the toilet, any :nole::nole::nole::nole::nole: knows that they need to flush all those BOOBY guys down the toilet. That is of course, unless Mark Richt wants the job :lmao2:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WiLLLLLLLie Taggart had a 6yr/$30M contract with FSU and they owe him 85% of the remaining salary. So Taggart will tack home approx $17M on his way out of FSU plus the approx $10M he made already. Many boosters had to be consulted to cover this bill.

Gonna be a lot of :nole: alums working overtime slinging burgers and fries to pay that bill.
They raised $20M in private donations just to get rid of him. :lol:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27999505/florida-state-fires-coach-willie-taggart

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb