FSU trying to weasel into the SEC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
bitch slap GIF

This clown wouldn’t equal a pimple on Law’s ass.
aspire final.jpg

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
This guy has nothing on the Donkey.

Donkey even with his issues...he knew stuff and we knew he was a Gator.

Donkers showed enough knowledge to be a Gator fan, but I was not necessarily convinced our Ohio friend was a Gator alum.

I remember noticing that he never chimed in on any of our frequent discussions about Gainesville nostalgia and landmarks. I also remember one time when someone posted a picture of the SAE lion, he had no clue what it was. When I made fun of him for not recognizing such an iconic campus landmark, he said he must never have seen it because he was never on Frat Row.

Well first of all, the SAE house is not on Frat Row. The house and the prominent lion statue in front of it face onto Museum Road, which of course is a main east-west thoroughfare on campus. There's no way you could've gone to school there for four years without seeing it.

Second of all, if nothing else he definitely didn't go to UF for law school. If he did he wouldn't say he was never on Frat Row. It is literally right next to the law school. If you ever entered or left the law school student parking from the southeast entrance, you drove on Frat Row.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Donkers showed enough knowledge to be a Gator fan, but I was not necessarily convinced our Ohio friend was a Gator alum.

I remember noticing that he never chimed in on any of our frequent discussions about Gainesville nostalgia and landmarks. I also remember one time when someone posted a picture of the SAE lion, he had no clue what it was. When I made fun of him for not recognizing such an iconic campus landmark, he said he must never have seen it because he was never on Frat Row.

Well first of all, the SAE house is not on Frat Row. The house and the prominent lion statue in front of it face onto Museum Road, which of course is a main east-west thoroughfare on campus. There's no way you could've gone to school there for four years without seeing it.

Second of all, if nothing else he definitely didn't go to UF for law school. If he did he wouldn't say he was never on Frat Row. It is literally right next to the law school. If you ever entered or left the law school student parking from the southeast entrance, you drove on Frat Row.
I was a GDI and transferred in from JUCO and I knew about the SAE Lions and the Pike Firetruck.

And then there was the Band Shell, the Halloween Ball and how we all loved UPD and parking especially finals week.

blueGATOR

Banned
BANNED
Jul 1, 2022
If we were talking about the ACC I would totally agree.
But if you’re so proud about how competitive the SEC is then you should be happy to add even more competition right? Come on down Clemson FSU and Miami. We love competition so much here we aren’t scared of you...
your scared lizzo I get it but you need to get a grip

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
But if you’re so proud about how competitive the SEC is then you should be happy to add even more competition right? Come on down Clemson FSU and Miami. We love competition so much here we aren’t scared of you...
your scared lizzo I get it but you need to get a grip
What is it with you blue? FSU pulls a couple of 4 stars and you start feeling yourself enough to go harass a “fan of the Florida gators” message board?

blueGATOR

Banned
BANNED
Jul 1, 2022
Some of y’all talking out of both sides of your AZZ. It’s cool some of the fans are scared and don’t like change and there’s nothing wrong with that. It looks like it’s going to be an arms race vs the little10 so why not go out and get the last few teams to give the SEC the edge in the future? It’s a no brainer if I’m sankey/sec. it looks like Oregon and NOTRE dame favor the little10 anyways

blueGATOR

Banned
BANNED
Jul 1, 2022
What is it with you blue? FSU pulls a couple of 4 stars and you start feeling yourself enough to go harass a “fan of the Florida gators” message board?
Nah I just see reality..I’m not gonna sit here and tell everyone The gators are gonna go 15-0. I’m not even gonna say 10-3 but I would be happy as heck if we did win that much.. y’all think ima hater but some people gotta open their minds. Sec and gators football is not the only thing out there

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Just a thought, but has anyone ever seen blue and Ox in the same place and the same time? Asking for a friend.
You mention the guy again and I'll just ban you for life. He's silly and harmless....your obsession is not. We're all a bit worried about you.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I was a GDI and transferred in from JUCO and I knew about the SAE Lions and the Pike Firetruck.

And then there was the Band Shell, the Halloween Ball and how we all loved UPD and parking especially finals week.
Yeah honestly there was no way to miss that lion. It would catch your eye because they were always painting it different colors. Like that one time when the SAE brothers were lobbying for a visit from a famous TV evangelist.

10309643.jpeg

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Some of y’all talking out of both sides of your AZZ. It’s cool some of the fans are scared and don’t like change and there’s nothing wrong with that. It looks like it’s going to be an arms race vs the little10 so why not go out and get the last few teams to give the SEC the edge in the future? It’s a no brainer if I’m sankey/sec. it looks like Oregon and NOTRE dame favor the little10 anyways
You can't be a Gator.
You've not answered any of my questions about Florida.

Are you a Florida Alumnus?

Who got UF natural turf?

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Yeah honestly there was no way to miss that lion. It would catch your eye because they were always painting it different colors. Like that one time when the SAE brothers were lobbying for a visit from a famous TV evangelist.

10309643.jpeg
SAE threw wicked parties.

Who was that evangelist Jessie? Always preaching at the Plaza at UF and when I was at Corn Dog U, he was on Free Speech Alley.

He hated athletics...it wasn't Godly...He had no answer for FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes)

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Nah I just see reality..I’m not gonna sit here and tell everyone The gators are gonna go 15-0. I’m not even gonna say 10-3 but I would be happy as heck if we did win that much.. y’all think ima hater but some people gotta open their minds. Sec and gators football is not the only thing out there

Stop saying "we." You're not fooling anybody. No true Gator fan would welcome the Noles and Canes into the SEC -- especially not scUM, a private school with very little campus life, no campus stadium and nothing in common culturally with the other SEC schools, most of which are all alike.

SEC campuses even look alike, in every way. Most were land-grant universities built in the late 1800's/early 1900's with the same Gothic, red brick style. They are the premier public universities in their respective states, so the student bodies tend to be as similar as the architecture of the buildings.

Although SEC students are not quite Ivy League scholarship status, they are still competitive, prideful overachievers. They had to be, to get accepted to the top state schools in their state.

That pride as individuals carries through to being proud of our schools, and proud of the conference as a whole, because we look around at the other SEC fanbases and find them to be very relatable. That's why inter-SEC rivalries are more friendly and respectful than rivalries with non-SEC clown colleges and garbage dumps like FSU and UM.

"Conference pride is stupid" is a sentiment I hear ALL the time from Hurricane fans, most of whom didn't actually go to UM, or any college for that matter. How long did you last at MDC before dropping out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator