Full Mac article from anonymous players

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You know, if YOU don't have the abilities to decipher when your only profitable product is in shambles and you are the CEO of a $100 million enterprise, you damn sure better hire a few people that DO know the business to ensure the damn ship isn't sinking.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Crikey...just call the Bonanos in Tampa

Rob Bonano? He threw a 1-hitter vs. FSU (and Paul Wilson, the #1 pick in the draft that year). I'm FB friends w/ him. Haven't seen him in 20+ years in person though. We had several classes together at UF. Great guy.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Rob Bonano? He threw a 1-hitter vs. FSU (and Paul Wilson, the #1 pick in the draft that year). I'm FB friends w/ him. Haven't seen him in 20+ years in person though. We had several classes together at UF. Great guy.

Guido Bonano....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
In light of Mac being hired, time for a bump on this.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Would love to hear some opinions from Spurrier during his time here with him...

I’m thinking the facepalm emoji was created just for that type of occasion.

Through some connections, ie not directly but not through press, SOS was incredibly frustrated with the last staff. Among the greatest frustrations was Butter’s choice to run more reps over getting reps right. We would run through bad performance without at practice coaching until it was right. They hoped errors would just be noted and fixed in film room so they just continued on in practice even if players were doing the wrong thing.

SOS also really liked/likes Franks and noted he’d have him all SEC (that was the comment from 2017 when FF was much worse than this year).

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
SOS also really liked/likes Franks and noted he’d have him all SEC (that was the comment from 2017 when FF was much worse than this year).

Franks is gonna be fine once Mullen gets done with him. Not sure if he'll ever make it in the NFL, he's a little slow to process things, but he'll make him into a fine college QB for his system.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I can’t wait to see Mac’s staff. If Nord (Nooooooooorrrrrrdddddddd!!!!!) and the loser S&C coach make the team, then Mac should be fired before Spring Ball starts.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All lies. Byrd says Dooley knows best, and Mcelstain just had bad luck.
I wish I had his bad luck and was getting paid millions of dollars after being fired because I was inept and then being hired again to do the same job by another sucker.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Ox Brother:

I wish you would not have posted that. The more I find out the more I think he should be banned.

And to see him rehired and with giddy expectations is sick.

He ruined some of these kids and got MANY hurt.

There are too many good coaches out there.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Glad he's gone.

giphy.gif

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
Ox Brother:

I wish you would not have posted that. The more I find out the more I think he should be banned.

And to see him rehired and with giddy expectations is sick.

He ruined some of these kids and got MANY hurt.

There are too many good coaches out there.

He did pretty well at Colorado State so, with Central Michigan being outside of a major conference, he may be able to operate okay for awhile within that realm where competition and expectations are lower. However, if his flawed priorities and overall inconsistency as a leader continue he will ultimately fail and likely in a glorious fashion even at CMU. The concern you have about the welfare of his kids will also be justified if his priorities remain flawed with regard to Strength and Conditioning because that's what will get kids hurt especially at a school that regularly schedules revenue games with big conference schools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.