Fun with snakes

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by crosscreekcooter, May 15, 2021.

1. Frozen Gator

Frozen Gator Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $4,086
    Ratings:
    +4,912 / -81
    Maybe a lighter color phase of a pine snake. They are the largest rat snake I know of. A common Southern Water snake (Nerodia fasciata) has that color and pattern but I haven't seen one ever close to that long.

2. bradgator2

bradgator2 Rioting
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $7,345
    Ratings:
    +16,105 / -127
    Same trail last year. This one was easy-

B6D9DC24-13B1-41F5-A43D-0FB9575476E1.jpeg
    FAE7490A-4FC7-428D-952E-2677ED900E39.jpeg

3. bradgator2

bradgator2 Rioting
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $7,345
    Ratings:
    +16,105 / -127
    Also the same trail lol
    8F7750C4-8F60-4C98-B34E-9CE3D0BA387F.jpeg

• B52G8rAC

B52G8rAC Well-Known Member
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $2,076
      Ratings:
      +3,098 / -153
      Do you ride armed? .45 with the first 4 rounds snake shot would be my prescription. Don't shoot the rat snakes but that big rattler is fair game. I am southern (a redneck cracker panhandling Floridian) and there are only two varieties of snakes: deadly venomous and dead. Further classification occurs after using the snake shot.

• g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $7,127
      Ratings:
      +10,457 / -153
    • CDGator

CDGator Well-Known Member
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $8,548
      Ratings:
      +13,252 / -166
      That is quite an obstacle course you ride on. Is it like Wipeout but deadlier?

• bradgator2

bradgator2 Rioting
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $7,345
      Ratings:
      +16,105 / -127
      It's a hidden gem of Florida. The geniuses in the federal government decided to make a canal from Crystal River to the St johns (Rodman Dam). Like everything else they attempt... it was a complete disaster that completely obliterated many small towns. But what it left is swath of protected land. Although there are many trailheads, my neighborhood connects directly to it. Oddly, it is mountain bike mecca due to the fact that much of canal was dug and that central Florida is basically all limerock. Although most are enjoyable, there are some mountain bike trails in there that I will not ride on as they are on cliff faces. Being the horse capital of the world, the whole thing is also interlaced with horse trails. And then roughly 5 years ago, the laid an asphalt trail down the middle of the whole thing. I can ride 28 miles from my house without crossing a single road. It all pinches and crosses over I75 on the land bridge that most people dont realize isnt a road but all "woods over the interstate".

[​IMG]

Cross Florida Barge Canal - Wikipedia

Marjorie Harris Carr Cross Florida Greenway

#27 bradgator2, May 21, 2021
      Last edited: May 21, 2021
      • bradgator2

bradgator2 Rioting
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $7,345
        Ratings:
        +16,105 / -127
        The deer are incredibly dangerous. When I see one crossing up ahead... I dont know if he is the first of 10 or the last of 10.

The gigantic turkeys give no shiits and will step out in front of you. I swear they are size of VW beetle. But I dont see them too often.

The squirrels are absolute maniacs. I wont slow down for them. One dared me one time, changed direction into me... and his head was completely severed off. It was oddly satisfying.

The snakes and I have an agreement... I wont bother them if they dont bother me. I did have a good pic of Coral Snake, but I cant find it.

I've only encountered a bear a couple of times. She wins. I just come to a stop and let her do her thing. That pic above was captured from a 5 minute long video. She just kept walking in my direction like she owned the place. I know she is a she because although beautiful.... she's a giant pain the ass.

• crosscreekcooter

crosscreekcooter Cunning Linguist; RIP
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $4,864
          Ratings:
          +12,252 / -84
          Can you imagine that bastid moving in next door to you?

• crosscreekcooter

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $4,864
          Ratings:
          +12,252 / -84
          My dad spent a good bit of time in Burma during WW2 and he told me these guys were real popular because of the deadly snakes there.

• crosscreekcooter

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $4,864
          Ratings:
          +12,252 / -84