Future Florida Head Coaches in Action

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Some candidates mentioned as the future Florida head football coach include: Frost at UCF, Brohm at Purdue, Fleck at Minnesota and Durkin at Maryland. For those interested, here are some games to watch in the next few weeks to assess their coaching ability.

Today:
  1. Purdue at Missouri
  2. Middle Tennessee at Minnesota
Sept 23:
  1. UCF at Maryland (Frost vs Durkin)
  2. Purdue at Michigan (Brohm vs Harbaugh)
Sept 30:
  1. Maryland at Minnesota (Durkin vs Fleck)
Oct 7:
  1. Minnesota at Purdue (Fleck vs Brohm)
  2. Maryland at Ohio State (Durkin vs Meyer)
Wonder if Stricklin will be tuning in.

MotownGator

Legacy member
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
Give the keys to Timmy. He can get some good coordinators and go win some games. Timmy know how to win.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Durkin, Fleck, Mullet, all in the same boat. We are looking for offense.

Youreally want to run the option with Franks and LDR? Corral would immediately decommit. Half the receivers would transfer and we'd be four years from competing.

We dont have a single spread option RB, only one WR (Toney who would likely be the #2 QB) and Zaire is the only SO qb on the roster.

Any of those would be a Doug dickey kind of hire.

Why is this sonfvkking hard to understand? Just say no to the Little League QB carries 30 times offense.

Last edited:

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Durkin, Fleck, Mullet, all in the same boat. We are looking for offense.

Durkin's team first two games: 51 and 63 points. That's enough offense for me. Not interested in Mullen.

The question is can they run a big time program and adapt to the personnel on hand. I'm not endorsing any of the ones I mentioned. Just highlighting games of possible interest to other GC members who've raised these names as possibilities. And trying to do it without without ****ing profanity.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Sean Peyton. I know I mentioned it the other day and it is off the wall, but guess what, things in NO are heading south and Brees ain't getting any younger. Peyton has been rumored for other NFL jobs and he would get plenty of calls. But as pointless as it might be why not as "Rocky Balboa says on the TV ad". be bold and pick up the phone? Perhaps no one will answer but that is better than hiring some division 2 coach b/c that is all we think we can get!!!!!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Durkin's team first two games: 51 and 63 points. That's enough offense for me. Not interested in Mullen.
Read the rest. Durkin currently runs spread option, maybe he isn't wedded to it but unless Treon is coming back, we have no SO players.

We've already been down this path with the smurf sideways offense.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I already read the rest. That's 30 seconds of my life I can't get back.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why would we want Durkin? We didn't even like him as an assistant.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Some candidates mentioned as the future Florida head football coach include: Frost at UCF, Brohm at Purdue, Fleck at Minnesota and Durkin at Maryland. For those interested, here are some games to watch in the next few weeks to assess their coaching ability.

Today:
  1. Purdue at Missouri
  2. Middle Tennessee at Minnesota
Sept 23:
  1. UCF at Maryland (Frost vs Durkin)
  2. Purdue at Michigan (Brohm vs Harbaugh)
Sept 30:
  1. Maryland at Minnesota (Durkin vs Fleck)
Oct 7:
  1. Minnesota at Purdue (Fleck vs Brohm)
  2. Maryland at Ohio State (Durkin vs Meyer)
Wonder if Stricklin will be tuning in.

Durkin is someone I'd like to keep an eye on to see how his teams perform. I know he's a good recruiter. I think Frost ends up at Nebraska. Don't know much about the other two. What about that Fuentes or whatever his name is at Va Tech?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
No to durkin. You don't hire a defensive coach when your offense has spent the last decade ranked in the 100s. Also why would we want a defensive coach who's defense isn't that good anyhow ?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We can ill afford another messed-up value play. I'm frankly sick of people who have no idea how to fish the small-cap pond for football coaches using the program as a test-tube experiment. We need a splash hire, a sure-fire guy in the worst way.

I agree with Ox. If Chip Kelly's unemployed and looking to return to the college game, we need to throw obscene money at the guy. Yeah, the buyouts are a financial drag and we're going to have to dig deep into the budget, but another four or five years of irrelevance will cost us a lot more.

Do it, do it now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I already read the rest. That's 30 seconds of my life I can't get back.
I cant think for you. I just point out the obvious (usually) and hope you catch on.

You wouldnt be surprised that "this isnt the offense we paid for" if you had been paying attention.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Chip Kelly always did say he hated the college recruiting game. That would be a serious concern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator