Future of UF-UGA game in Jacksonville?

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Mullen talks future of UF-UGA game in Jacksonville

Mullen talks future of UF-UGA game in Jacksonville

"I think there's three more years," Mullen said. "We'll see, you never know which direction college football is going in at that point. Because I think every other year -- I can see his point of every other year you do lose an opportunity, one less home recruiting game every other year.

"But it is such a great event to have the game and it's such a unique event in college football.

It's a special game but Gainesville loses a lot by giving up a great home game.

Your thoughts?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Makes UGa travel further = +
Would the money loss to the Jax-concerns cause them to disperse more $ pay-out to the schools?
Surely, the NFL Jags can leave that venue often vacant?
At Jax, to many Gators, it passes as a home game every year. Otherwise, we'll be watching Athens being promoted every other year. Jax will not become a more natural recruiting ground for UGa as it will become for UF in the future.
The WLOCP is not a regular CFB season game, which it will become as a home & home play. The WLOCP has inflated buildup, better TV visuals and an atypical fans-in-the-stands to whet the interests of national attention.
Think of reversing the process, the difficulties of being so lucky to get into an NFL stadium.??

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
In before the donk says fvk Jville but always wants us to recruit out of there.

Fvkk jax.

Going to Jax doesn't make us recruit better there.

I want us to recruit Orlando, Tampa, and Ocala too, but I don't want to give up a home game every year to play in those shytholes.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I would love for Georgia to make a huge stink about this, again, and for things to finally break and force the series out of Jacksonville only to see the Gators go on a monster run and beat them in Athens 10 straight times, making the future UGH coach beg for Jacksonville again in 2042.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I would love for Georgia to make a huge stink about this, again, and for things to finally break and force the series out of Jacksonville only to see the Gators go on a monster run and beat them in Athens 10 straight times, making the future UGH coach beg for Jacksonville again in 2042.

Well ... then now probably isn't the right time for things to finally break and force the series to Jax.

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Poodle fans here in ATL have been calling sports radio stations asking for a home and home series alternated by a game in Jax and another in ATL.

Mr. SEC

A Very Impatient Grown Up
BANNED
Aug 1, 2014
Move to a 9 game SEC schedule, 4 road, 4 home, 1 neutral site game. Dan Mullen's idea...decent idea.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Poodle fans here in ATL have been calling sports radio stations asking for a home and home series alternated by a game in Jax and another in ATL.

Yeah, I heard 92.9 The Game hosts yesterday talking about having it in Mercedes Benz stadium every so often. They proceeded to break down & compare travel time required from Athens to Jax, Gainesville to Atlanta, etc. The Atlanta stadium is really nice but I don’t want to play the game here. I’d rather do home/home before going that route.

Regarding Kirby’s comments about its’ effect on recruiting I think that is a pretty weak excuse. If your program is winning a bunch of ball games and playing for titles, losing one home game every other year isn’t going to have any material negative impact on recruiting. Financially it may hurt a little but that’s a different issue. UGA never had a problem recruiting under Dooley, Goof or Richt playing in Jax and we never had a problem recruiting under SOS or Meyer playing there. Just a bunch of BS from Kirby.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Yeah, I heard 92.9 The Game hosts yesterday talking about having it in Mercedes Benz stadium every so often. They proceeded to break down & compare travel time required from Athens to Jax, Gainesville to Atlanta, etc. The Atlanta stadium is really nice but I don’t want to play the game here. I’d rather do home/home before going that route.

Regarding Kirby’s comments about its’ effect on recruiting I think that is a pretty weak excuse. If your program is winning a bunch of ball games and playing for titles, losing one home game every other year isn’t going to have any material negative impact on recruiting. Financially it may hurt a little but that’s a different issue. UGA never had a problem recruiting under Dooley, Goof or Richt playing in Jax and we never had a problem recruiting under SOS or Meyer playing there. Just a bunch of BS from Kirby.
They seem to be recruiting pretty well under Kirby too....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator