Future of UF-UGA game in Jacksonville?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
This might explain the Colorado and Texas games. Georgia in the Swamp when we're in Boulder and Austin?

Could be, but those games are like 10 years away. I'm guessing the Ugay game will be moved way before that if it does.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't Kirby play in that game and the beat down in Athens. He may fear a home and home....
if you look at some of the old game tapes Kirby or Dumbchump lined up versus Ike Reidel or Quezzie in the slot were downright hilarious.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
if you look at some of the old game tapes Kirby or Dumbchump lined up versus Ike Reidel or Quezzie in the slot were downright hilarious.

Below you can see little Kirby get dragged about 9 yards by Eugene Mccaslin at around the 21 second mark.
Later he makes a pitiful tackle attempt on Travis Taylor for our first score, and is late on help for a
TD strike to Darrell Jackson.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Below you can see little Kirby get dragged about 9 yards by Eugene Mccaslin at around the 21 second mark.
Later he makes a pitiful tackle attempt on Travis Taylor for our first score, and is late on help for a

Man, that 98 team was good. Both losses to the teams that played for the NC. I was at the UT game that year, we should have won that game by 10 or more - UT practically got every break you could get.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Man, that 98 team was good. Both losses to the teams that played for the NC. I was at the UT game that year, we should have won that game by 10 or more - UT practically got every break you could get.
Yeah that Tinerc team stuck a lucky horseshoe up their azz after they butt chugged. .

they needed a shanked field goal to end the game and 10 other lucky bounces to beat us. they needed arkansas's quarterback to fumble while running the clock out. Then, they got to play clown town with a walk-on quarterback starting for national championship. wow.

That was the luckiest three-four loss team I've ever seen. of course the next year they lost every close game after winning every close and getting every lucky bounce the year before.

It felt a lot like our 2012 team. A team that sucked a lot more than the record suggested.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

We should've beat the noles too. Manual lets a pick 6 go thru his hands into the hands of Warrick for a TD. Gerrard Warren recovered what should've been a TD in the end zone only to have it taken away from him before the ref "saw it" and it was ruled a safety. Those defenses on those '97 and '98 teams were great. Spurrier and Stoops were a great combination!

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

Hard to believe that this was over 20 years ago.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I heard Kirby's excuses today on the Finebaum show. Dude is a moron and sounds like a hillbilly. The whole recruiting excuse is laughable. The game needs to stay where it has been for 86 years. Neither program has had any negative effect from it.

I agree completely but I must warn you that I was attacked by a couple of posters on here for having the nerve to say something similar about the great Kirby.
Who knew that his relatives were members of the chatter?

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Paul Finebaum (@finebaum) tweeted at 3:23 PM on Thu, May 30, 2019:
"Kirby Smart has been there for 3 years and he wants to come in and change history? ... I think he's being Kirby Dumb" - @BianchiWrites Paul Finebaum on Twitter
()

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Yeah that Tinerc team stuck a lucky horseshoe up their azz after they butt chugged. .

they needed a shanked field goal to end the game and 10 other lucky bounces to beat us. they needed arkansas's quarterback to fumble while running the clock out. Then, they got to play clown town with a walk-on quarterback starting for national championship. wow.

That was the luckiest three-four loss team I've ever seen. of course the next year they lost every close game after winning every close and getting every lucky bounce the year before.

It felt a lot like our 2012 team. A team that sucked a lot more than the record suggested.

My uncle at least used to be friends with Jeff Chandler's dad. He asked him about Jeff not lining up to take the kick about Tennessee in OT. He said he was relieved. I can't tell you if he changed his mind after the worst kicker in Gators history missed an easy one or not. But I do know that he was glad his young son wasn't the one to miss.

ProcrastiGATOR

2019 GatorChatter March Madness Bracket CHAMPION!
Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2015
Jacksonville sucks, the only places to pre-party there are at the Beaches. Dodging bullets from downtown is no fun. Move that game to Orlando (Center of the State) with the home and home in Atlanta.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
I was there with ya!

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
I remember sitting in the car, stuck in traffic, and some *******s came walking by us carrying part of the goal posts!

I remember telling my wife to walk behind me as I parted the wall of delirious, shirtless hillbillies as I headed up the west end zone steps to get to my truck. We were living in Kentucky at the time, so going north was not too bad.

I had to stop the line of pedestrians @ MSU when a gaggle of Hail Staters came off the field with a goal post in 2004. The next morning, my wife found out her father had passed away. He had been a season ticket holder and the source of all my road game adventures.

GolfinDog

Banned
BANNED
Jul 21, 2016
Keep that game in Jacksonville. I live in south Ga, and its a game that a lot of folks around here look forward to. I realize Bianchi is looking for a villain, and I can see why both coaches would want home and home for recruiting purposes, but Kirby has as much pull moving that game as Jim Donnan.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017

With Kirby now the coach, this may be my favorite Gator highlight film I’ve ever seen. He is all over the field looking soft. Late in the video he tackles Gillespie like a 5 year old playing football in the backyard - grabbing the jersey and trying to fall over instead of making a hit. Pitiful. Spurrier must have watched his slow a$$ on film and been antsy to get to game days. Smart was late on about 10 plays in that video. The last play to Capel, he is laughably trailing.

This video has to make it into the annual Fu€£ Georgia thread.

In the meantime, one of you on twitter should send this link to every Dwag DB with a twitter account, along with a message like “watch coach’s effort on film”. It would be a better troll job than 14,000

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
My career in anthropology has taken me to parts unknown.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
With Kirby now the coach, this may be my favorite Gator highlight film I’ve ever seen. He is all over the field looking soft. Late in the video he tackles Gillespie like a 5 year old playing football in the backyard - grabbing the jersey and trying to fall over instead of making a hit. Pitiful. Spurrier must have watched his slow a$$ on film and been antsy to get to game days. Smart was late on about 10 plays in that video. The last play to Capel, he is laughably trailing.

This video has to make it into the annual Fu€£ Georgia thread.

In the meantime, one of you on twitter should send this link to every Dwag DB with a twitter account, along with a message like “watch coach’s effort on film”. It would be a better troll job than 14,000
It's not surprising that the current team plays almost exactly like Shart did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb