Gainesville Sun Newspaper brings back their sports forum

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh my Gawd the layout is terrible on a desktop. It's not too bad from a phone but they won't get many posters if they don't change it for desktop/laptop users.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If you read their fine print and fourum rules the members of their IT department are going to be the mods. How does that IT department have time for such trival things.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n41985 said:
If you read their fine print and fourum rules the members of their IT department are going to be the mods. How does that IT department have time for such trival things.

I'm just amazed they have an IT department.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n41985 said:
They don't. That's insane.

Part of me thinks this may actually help us, not hurt us. At any rate, there's always going to be competition, you just have to try and have a better product. It was always in the back of my mind that they may pull this stunt. I know for a fact there were several people at the Sun that strongly disagreed with the order to pull the forum in the first place. They must have finally won their argument.....or the declining numbers changed some minds at the top.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
They probably saw how many people kept clicking on their link for forums during the season expecting them to come back and realized this is what the users want. Uh... duh!

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n41992 said:

Part of me thinks this may actually help us, not hurt us. At any rate, there's always going to be competition, you just have to try and have a better product. It was always in the back of my mind that they may pull this stunt. I know for a fact there were several people at the Sun that strongly disagreed with the order to pull the forum in the first place. They must have finally won their argument.....or the declining numbers changed some minds at the top.

When the board was up I would occasionally click over and read some of their mediocre articles. I haven't done that in months. I know I'm not the only one.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm seeing it as a good thing Ox. If we find any stragglers still over there we can PM them.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They can make GIGator/John "Its always rosey" Curtis a mod and BulldogAwburnGator/Turk, the angry pumper, can be his firstmate.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They must be trying to have a white out with that new layout.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n42000 said:
They can make GIGator/John Curtis a mod and BulldogAwburnGator/Turk can be his first mate.

That is the reason I like this place because you have the differing views and people don't get censored for not towing the company line like at the combo pay sites. You need a balance of the sunshine pumpers/debbie downers for a better discussion.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Great, now I can reread the epic meltdown threads after the Georgia Southern loss . . .

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n41992 said:

That is probably the reason. Lead up to football and their click through traffic was probably dropped by 80%. The next 5 months is where they probably make the majority of their click through revenue.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In a former job I did some web development. I would be embarrassed to put a product that looks like that live. It is poorly structured and has too much "white space".

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n42014 said:
Wow...that site is ugly!

I'll bet Queenie doesn't have me blocked over there.

I should send her a pm.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:lmao:

Somebody started a thread there (BNA?) saying the site was ugly and a few of us posted on it in support.

And they effin' deleted it.

What a joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator