Gainesville Sun Newspaper brings back their sports forum

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
O&B Gator;n42027 said:
Yep they already took away my topic

lol - "O&BGator, we wanted to keep the design of the board very clean and easy to use. You will find many new customization options that weren't previously available."

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n41974 said:
They've got a lot of nerve I'll say that. After running that page about "disruptive posters" for three months.

Whatever do you mean???

This is their explanation:

"We needed to make a change. The old GSMB was broken and by taking it down we had time to fix the site and provide a better forum.
Your username, profile information and post count has been transferred to this forum. Everything else is completely new. We will continue to work to make this the best possible forum experience."

Nothing in there about disruptive posters and the few bad apples bit, blah, blah, blah... :jerkit:

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
TheDouglas78;n41985 said:
If you read their fine print and fourum rules the members of their IT department are going to be the mods. How does that IT department have time for such trival things.
They don't. That's insane.

Part of me thinks this may actually help us, not hurt us. At any rate, there's always going to be competition, you just have to try and have a better product. It was always in the back of my mind that they may pull this stunt. I know for a fact there were several people at the Sun that strongly disagreed with the order to pull the forum in the first place. They must have finally won their argument.....or the declining numbers changed some minds at the top.
Exactly as I predicted. Taking it down was a wrong-headed, lazy, temper tantrum by whomever was in charge.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox said:
oxrageous;n41992 said:
They don't. That's insane.

Part of me thinks this may actually help us, not hurt us. At any rate, there's always going to be competition, you just have to try and have a better product. It was always in the back of my mind that they may pull this stunt. I know for a fact there were several people at the Sun that strongly disagreed with the order to pull the forum in the first place. They must have finally won their argument.....or the declining numbers changed some minds at the top.

When the board was up I would occasionally click over and read some of their mediocre articles. I haven't done that in months. I know I'm not the only one.
:exactly:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So they axed the political forum? Does that mean that I killed the GSMB?

Alex.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, it does provide a good opportunity. If there is a poster you can stand, just go to whichever board he's not on. Choices for the consumer is a beautiful thing.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n42026 said:
:lmao:

Somebody started a thread there (BNA?) saying the site was ugly and a few of us posted on it in support.

And they effin' deleted it.

What a joke.

Well that's a little prelude about what's to come. They just went live and they're already deleting any distension in the ranks...Someone with time on their hands should PM the other users and tell them about this place.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ok I totally suck. It's 583 pages of members haha. I saw Member List and 583. Reading is fundamental.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
Actually, it does provide a good opportunity. If there is a poster you can stand, just go to whichever board he's not on. Choices for the consumer is a beautiful thing.
Couldn't agree more.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Uh oh. You can change the theme over there at the bottom. Changing it to IP board looks similiar to the header here, in terms of layout. And has a mobile version as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator