Gak's a Gator!

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Gorjok Gak committed to Coach White today.

Let the Gak Attack begin!

7_3721305.jpg

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Gorjok-Gak-commits-to-Mike-White-Florida-Gators-44992910?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=160424_193746_Florida Gators&utm_content=Image

Last edited:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Rumors of the BB program's demise have been greatly exaggerated.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's only a 3 star......

:ohnoez:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
6'10", 205? The football team could use him to the get the football out of the sewer.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Was he a big target for us? I don't follow BB recruiting as closely and I'm seeing both excitement and "he's a 3 star" on here. Can someone provide more context and perspective regarding program impact from this commit?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
There is plenty of highlight tape of this guy on Youtube. Based on highlights, he has a nice touch around the basket which can't be taught. He's incredibly athletic. He blocks shots. Obviously he needs to add some muscle. There is talent to work with. We aren't going to get the elite players. What we can do is get athletic guys and teach them the game. Gak has talent.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
There is plenty of highlight tape of this guy on Youtube. Based on highlights, he has a nice touch around the basket which can't be taught. He's incredibly athletic. He blocks shots. Obviously he needs to add some muscle. There is talent to work with. We aren't going to get the elite players. What we can do is get athletic guys and teach them the game. Gak has talent.

We have two top 100 players already in next years class so I wouldn't say we can't get elite players anymore. White is still new, so I am happy where we are at right now.

The Gak pickup basically guarantees we don't see much of Rimmer next year. That alone is a win

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
We have two top 100 players already in next years class so I wouldn't say we can't get elite players anymore. White is still new, so I am happy where we are at right now.

I just meant those elite guys that always go to the same places (UK, UNC, Duke, Kansas...ect.). This is a nice class though. I think White may be a good hire. We need shooters though.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
6'10 guys don't grow on trees. Great pick up!!

Great? He's ranked as the 190th player. It is a good pick up. Great? I think that is overstating it a bit.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Was he a big target for us? I don't follow BB recruiting as closely and I'm seeing both excitement and "he's a 3 star" on here. Can someone provide more context and perspective regarding program impact from this commit?

He was committed to Okie State, but he asked for his release when Ford got canned. We need the size. Egbunu could be gone next year, so the more bigs the better. Plus having a rim and lane protector will be great. From his highlight tape, it looks like he his apt at the pick and roll which will be great.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

The Gak pickup basically guarantees we don't see much of Rimmer next year. That alone is a win

Elite? When I hear elite I think top ten. I think Five star talent. If getting 50-100 ranked players is elite then what do you call those 5 star kids? We had someone call the 190th player a GREAT pick up. Seems like we're overstating some things.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Elite? When I hear elite I think top ten. I think Five star talent. If getting 50-100 ranked players is elite then what do you call those 5 star kids? We had someone call the 190th player a GREAT pick up. Seems like we're overstating some things.

Well if you consider how many high school
players there are, then couple that with how many schools there are recruiting these guys, id call anyone in the top 100 elite unless we want to split hairs and call them really, really good. It's ok to get excited over two very solid 4 stars, this isn't some lowly rated players we are trying to spin.

Let's not act like rankings are all knowing. Our last two 5 stars have been pretty terrible, though I do like where Hill is headed.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

Just to put some things into perspective, many 5 stars can be busts and many 3 stars turn out OK (Wilbekin was a 2 star, but for sure not the norm).

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Listen, I think he is a good addition. In all my years on these boards I have never heard this line used as much as it has been recently:

many 5 stars can be busts and many 3 stars turn out OK

Seem like this line is used almost daily. I think that it is overall, a bad sign. JMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator