Galaxy Note 7 Recall: Banned from flights

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Of course I posted that. Did you suffer brain damage yesterday? Maybe from your phone blowing up next to your head? Just from a philosophical point, do you think a phone should be simple to use or not?

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Of course I posted that. Did you suffer brain damage yesterday? Maybe from your phone blowing up next to your head? Just from a philosophical point, do you think a phone should be simple to use or not?
I don't find any of them to be complicated or a waste of time. You apparently do.

Here's the thing, I don't need to defame a product or entire company to make a point. I never once blamed Apple for the defective batteries they used, they didn't make them. You, however, are incapable of separating a third party battery maker from the phone designer. Perhaps that is because you own a phone that you've never been able to access the battery, maybe you think iPhones run on unicorns and rainbows, I don't know.

In my experience, androids are just as easy to use as iPhones, primary difference has been flexibility, specs, and the ability to not always be dictated to by the manufacturer. It's clear you like being told what to do. ;)

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
I don't find any of them to be complicated or a waste of time. You apparently do.

Here's the thing, I don't need to defame a product or entire company to make a point. I never once blamed Apple for the defective batteries they used, they didn't make them. You, however, are incapable of separating a third party battery maker from the phone designer. Perhaps that is because you own a phone that you've never been able to access the battery, maybe you think iPhones run on unicorns and rainbows, I don't know.

In my experience, androids are just as easy to use as iPhones, primary difference has been flexibility, specs, and the ability to not always be dictated to by the manufacturer. It's clear you like being told what to do. ;)

At the end of the day, phone and computer makers are just assemblers. All the components are made by third parties. Seems logical that the seller ultimately has responsibility for the components in their product, whether they made it or not.

And for the record, I'm not pimping one of the other. I don't really care. We have always had iphone products, but that is mainly due to momentum. My daughter's next phone may be an Android, although this whole thing has soured me on Samsung a bit.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
At the end of the day, phone and computer makers are just assemblers. All the components are made by third parties. Seems logical that the seller ultimately has responsibility for the components in their product, whether they made it or not.
Not necessarily, but to a large degree, yes. And I specifically stated in this thread that Samsung should have done, and do, more. Not to mention not use the cheapest subcontractors just because they are cheapest.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Okay URG, shows over. I don't want you to hurt yourself. I'm totally just joking with you because you're so defensive about this. I could write everything I know about this galaxy phone on the back of a matchbook with a crayon. Geez! Hell its probably the greatest thing since sliced bread and anybody who doesn't own one is truly missing out. Now go breathe into a paper bag before you hyperventilate and pass out.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Okay URG, shows over. I don't want you to hurt yourself. I'm totally just joking with you because you're so defensive about this. I could write everything I know about this galaxy phone on the back of a matchbook with a crayon. Geez! Hell its probably the greatest thing since sliced bread and anybody who doesn't own one is truly missing out. Now go breathe into a paper bag before you hyperventilate and pass out.
Because I won't blame samsung, or apple when it happened to them, for a cheap third party part, that makes me defensive?
Or maybe you think conversations should not be had via a message board? :crazy:

Why would I hurt myself just because you choose to use a phone designed for a simpleton? To each their own bruh.

Me thinks you aren't good at emotion perception via the Internet :lol:

Now run along back to to your iPhone, I'm sure you've got some catching up to do on candy crush or something
:snicker:

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Because I won't blame samsung, or apple when it happened to them, for a cheap third party part, that makes me defensive?
Or maybe you think conversations should not be had via a message board? :crazy:

Why would I hurt myself just because you choose to use a phone designed for a simpleton? To each their own bruh.

Me thinks you aren't good at emotion perception via the Internet :lol:

Now run along back to to your iPhone, I'm sure you've got some catching up to do on candy crush or something
:snicker:

Honestly, this whole iphone vs Android thing seems overblown. What can either one of them do that the other can't? Seems to me it is more of a function of the feel of the phone and how it works, which is largely what you are familiar with.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, this whole iphone vs Android thing seems overblown. What can either one of them do that the other can't? Seems to me it is more of a function of the feel of the phone and how it works, which is largely what you are familiar with.
I agree. There are few things that set them apart. The technology is what it is, for the most part. It's smaller things within the specs that set them apart, besides the general operating system style.
Hell, there was for some time, and may even still be, some Samsung parts in the iPhone. Zambo and Ox better wrap their heads around that for a minute :lol:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Omg dude there is nothing to wrap my head around. No one gives a F about any of this, we are just teasing you.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Omg dude there is nothing to wrap my head around. No one gives a F about any of this, we are just teasing you.
You're pretty worked up bro. :lmao2:

You think I don't know you're teasing? You don't think I said that last line on purpose?
I guess I'll just stand by my previous statement that you aren't very good with emotional perception via the Internet lol

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty sure you do that about Apple all the time.
Sure don't. Pilot probably does, but I don't.
I don't care for Apple because I don't see the value in it overall. It's simply over priced for often less return.
I defended Apple in the government overreach case.
I defended Apple in this thread that it is not directly their fault that they had some batteries do the very thing you're seeing in some of the note 7s.
iPhones tend to be good for businesses, partly because of their more closed systems.

But whatever you need to do to keep your foolish narrative alive ;)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I hear the original name for the phone was "Galactic Piece of ****" but for brevity they shortened it to Galaxy.
I lolled.

Anyway, the answer is still Google Nexus, imo. Real android. No add on crap.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, your foolish narrative that I'm talking down Apple in general.
I don't mind wearing the crown. I find all Apple products to be drastically overpriced and underwhelming.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Sure don't. Pilot probably does, but I don't.
I don't care for Apple because I don't see the value in it overall. It's simply over priced for often less return.
I defended Apple in the government overreach case.
I defended Apple in this thread that it is not directly their fault that they had some batteries do the very thing you're seeing in some of the note 7s.
iPhones tend to be good for businesses, partly because of their more closed systems.

But whatever you need to do to keep your foolish narrative alive ;)

While it is true that Apple makes butt loads of money on these phones, it seems like Samsungs are priced just as high on the high end. On the lower end I agree you probably can get more functionality for the money with an Android phone. I got my son an LG Android phone for $99 - which seems perfectly functional. Only thing is it only has 8 gig of memory, but you can expand that.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
While it is true that Apple makes butt loads of money on these phones, it seems like Samsungs are priced just as high on the high end. On the lower end I agree you probably can get more functionality for the money with an Android phone. I got my son an LG Android phone for $99 - which seems perfectly functional. Only thing is it only has 8 gig of memory, but you can expand that.
Depends on how much of a hurry you are in. For example, right now you can get the note 5 for as little as 1 dollar at best buy. Now it's only the 32 GB, and you can't expand memory on it, but the specs on it are otherwise top notch. The 64GB goes for $149, still not bad considering the specs.
Just about all android phones have expandable memory these days and can expand a great deal.

That said, there are literally a ton of options between separate manufacturers, as well as multiple units within a given manufacturer. You are never stuck with one way and the only way, as you tend to be with an iPhone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator