Surprised UCF didn’t claim the throne.
()

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty disappointing final season IMO. Just so much stuff that didn’t make sense.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty disappointing final season IMO. Just so much stuff that didn’t make sense.

As I said earlier I liked the final season and I like the ending is well. I particularly liked it because it off pissed off so many fan boys/nerds.

That being said, I thought it was a wasted opportunity to do something with Jon Snow. I just don’t quite understand why they did such a build up of him and his lineage as a Targaryen when it had zero impact to the throne or the outcome.

Also the “representative election” of Bran didn’t seem revolutionary at all, which is what they were trying to do right? Isn’t that what they all kind of do already?

I think it would’ve made more sense to have Jon Snow as King and Bran as his hand. I would think that if somebody killed the queen and got caught by Grey Worm, he would be defacto king and would have immediately executed Snow. So why did they let Snow live for months? I’m also not sure why Snow would not have fled to the North.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
As I said earlier I liked the final season and I like the ending is well. I particularly liked it because it off pissed off so many fan boys/nerds.

That being said, I thought it was a wasted opportunity to do something with Jon Snow. I just don’t quite understand why they did such a build up of him and his lineage as a Targaryen when it had zero impact to the throne or the outcome.

Also the “representative election” of Bran didn’t seem revolutionary at all, which is what they were trying to do right? Isn’t that what they all kind of do already?

I think it would’ve made more sense to have Jon Snow as King and Bran as his hand. I would think that if somebody killed the queen and got caught by Grey Worm, he would be defacto king and would have immediately executed Snow. So why did they let Snow live for months? I’m also not sure why Snow would not have fled to the North.
Whenever my wife or kids ask me "why did..." questions for movies/tv, I give them this, and you're getting it now! ;)

"Because it was in the script."

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

So much made no sense. Do you honestly believe Arya would’ve turned back when she did and not went after Cersei? No friggin way! Then she survives damn near every building falling on top of her head. :lol:
Why didn’t the dragon nuke Snow when he killed blondie? Why didn’t Grey Worm kill him?
If Danerys went mad and was so power hungry, why didn’t she kill Snow, Arya and Sansa?

Not to mention all the holes in the story leading up to the finale. They’ve been well documented and discussed.

As I said, I thought the final season was disappointing.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
So much made no sense. Do you honestly believe Arya would’ve turned back when she did and not went after Cersei? No friggin way! Then she survives damn near every building falling on top of her head. :lol:
Why didn’t the dragon nuke Snow when he killed blondie? Why didn’t Grey Worm kill him?
If Danerys went mad and was so power hungry, why didn’t she kill Snow, Arya and Sansa?

Not to mention all the holes in the story leading up to the finale. They’ve been well documented and discussed.

As I said, I thought the final season was disappointing.

I think the Snow was a Targaryen factor is the reason he wasn't fried. Instead, the dragon destroyed what really made the Targaryen's go mad with power and inevitably led to their death by melting the Throne of Swords. I thought the season was really a bit MEH. A better ending would have been Bran using his warg powers to see where Drogon was headed, and find him secretly trailing the last Targaryen beyond the wall..

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The issue this ending wasn't the final ending as much as the lack of leg work to get there. The last two seasons should have been 10 episodes, to do what Game of Thrones does best which is the build up, recover and buildup. I don't think anyone is upset with the end results, but how we got there. There was a lack of development and processing through the last two seasons. In my opinion it would have been better if they finished the Night King story line in season 7, then had 10 episodes to work on the Game of Thrones. The fact there was a single episode between the Battle of Winterfell and the Battle at Kingslanding removed a lot of the build up and narrative that is what made Game of Thrones the previous 6 seasons. This last season felt rushed and taking huge leaps of narrative logic.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I'm okay with the ending if I don't think about it. If I think about it I hate it.
So much could have been easily fixed but I truly think the writers of each episode worked in a vacuum because there was litle continuity or sense to much of what happened.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Final Episode:
Pro:
Scene with Drogon's wings behind Dany was a cool.
I actually started to hate Dany this episode so kudos for doing that.
And I cheered when Jon kissed her thinking for a second they'd work it out then bam he knives her in classic GoT fashion so kudos for that.
I kinda liked that Drogon burned the Throne instead of Jon. That was tense and poetic.
Drogon flying off with Dany was fitting.
Sansa gets to be Queen of the North.
Arya becomes Arya the Explor-ya.
Ghost gets his good boy petting.

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Cons: Oy Vey.
Building falls on Jamie/Cersie, they're under a light dusting of bricks.
Once again the Dothraki are there when needed for the plot and gone when not needed. I guess they all swam back to Essos.
The unsullied are going to die from that butterfly disease when they get to Naarth. Misandie forgot to tell Greyworm about that part. BTW F Greyworm.
Brienne's plot armor was just so she could write in the stupid book.
Tormunds plot armor was just so he could reunite with Jon up north.
The UN meeting in the dragon pit was cringy. Sansa gets to bow out. Dorne was originally out so now they're in for some reason? Bran was the no-longer-Bran-Im-something-else-3ER now he has the people skills to rule. What happen to him needing to plug into the weir.net? There's no weirdwood trees in KL. <sigh>
Fvkin illiterate assasin Bron is on the council?
Jon takes the black which isn't a thing anymore and the Unsullied leave. I guess his sense of honor will keep him there. Maybe he finds Ygrett's sister.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was thought of you Dungeons and Dragons Show people when I saw this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb