Game Plan for Mizzou

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n81952 said:
Alright Ox... so if you could choose the gameplan... what would you do?
Start Treon and let him play the entire game. Let him roll out and throw on the run a lot.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Gator Fever;n81958 said:
Some of that was due to Manziel not having played much prior to that game. Later on in the season when teams tried similar tactics he still made things happen.

Very few played similar tactics. LSU did in 2012 and 2013. Missouri also did in 2013. Saban for all his genius only did it in spots. When he didn't he got burned. I watched fairly closely and was amazed at what some of these million dollar coordinators tried to do. Just left me shaking my head.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n81930 said:
Do you honestly believe we have a game plan? Expect a lot of head-scratching as the game goes on, as always.

Agreed. Just win (and don't eff it up), dammit!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n81959 said:
Originally posted by ATXGator View Post
Alright Ox... so if you could choose the gameplan... what would you do?

Start Treon and let him play the entire game. Let him roll out and throw on the run a lot.

This and a :kiffin:load of it. Make it simple but keep him moving and Mizzou guessing.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Missouri is the defending Eastern Division champion..and we will make them look like it in the first half. Insert Treon and the whole complexion of the game changes...energy picks up on both sides of the ball...mistakes disappear...and the Gators ride the momentum to a come from behind victory.

Game plan? Play Treon early and often and run the offense so the momentum stays with the Gators.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n82208 said:
Missouri is the defending Eastern Division champion..and we will make them look like it in the first half. Insert Treon and the whole complexion of the game changes...energy picks up on both sides of the ball...mistakes disappear...and the Gators ride the momentum to a come from behind victory.

Game plan? Play Treon early and often and run the offense so the momentum stays with the Gators.

While I like playing Treon that is not a game plan. In my view you need a selection of plays (and their variations) that from looking at tape you think will work. On defense the same. Now you have to adapt if things don't work on the fly. Decent coaches should be able to do this and practice those plays most likely to be successful. Unfortunately I am not a highly paid coach so I can't do this very well, but I am pretty decent in calling plays for offense.

G

gatorchamps0607

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I'm Leak, here is my gameplan for the WRs... Drop em til Treon gets in.

:snob:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
gatorchamps0607;n82300 said:
If I'm Leak, here is my gameplan for the WRs... Drop em til Treon gets in.

:snob:
Lol I don't think he has to tell em

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And we know what Chimp's plan is once Treon gets in:

Zone read right, zone read left, zone read right, punt.

There is zero chance he gets to pass more than a couple of times IF he happens to get in the game.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n82286 said:
While I like playing Treon that is not a game plan. In my view you need a selection of plays (and their variations) that from looking at tape you think will work. On defense the same. Now you have to adapt if things don't work on the fly. Decent coaches should be able to do this and practice those plays most likely to be successful. Unfortunately I am not a highly paid coach so I can't do this very well, but I am pretty decent in calling plays for offense.

But running the offense with someone that can run the offense and make good decisions is a game plan. The offense includes runs and passes and adjustments based on the defense. That is an offensive game plan. I believe Treon can do that better than Driskel. Thank you very little...

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
ATXGator;n81898 said:
I agree... I think a healthy Matt Jones will make a big difference in this game... I think we win the LSU game if we have him.

I am also thinking that Treon could be a huge difference maker. I'm really hoping he is the guy with the hot hand and plays the majority of the snaps, we win this game then they have two weeks to prepare Treon to be the main starter against UGA...

It's always nice to grasp at straws.

Sad isn't it!

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If we score first; defense relaxes and gives up huge play to even the game. If we happen to get up by more than one score, offense turns ball over AND defense relaxes until the game is tight again.

If they score first; the offense tenses-up, freaks out, and we deploy Kyle Christie as a punting machine and secret weapon. We'll play great defense as long as we're behind, as soon as we score, defense will relax and game will hang in the balance.

Game will go down to the wire, a la Kentucky, Tennessee, LSU, who knows who'll win when it's all said and done?

There's your game plan, any other questions?

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Here's what I would tell Muschamp. Start Treon Harris and cut out the b.s. that Jeff Driskel gives us the best chance to win. It is time to improvise. That's Plan A.

Plan B is to turn in your resignation.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n82443 said:
If we score first; defense relaxes and gives up huge play to even the game. If we happen to get up by more than one score, offense turns ball over AND defense relaxes until the game is tight again.

If they score first; the offense tenses-up, freaks out, and we deploy Kyle Christie as a punting machine and secret weapon. We'll play great defense as long as we're behind, as soon as we score, defense will relax and game will hang in the balance.

Game will go down to the wire, a la Kentucky, Tennessee, LSU, who knows who'll win when it's all said and done?

There's your game plan, any other questions?

You are pretty much spot on

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
If we are playing a QB composed enough to toss a middle screen to KT it would probably go for 20 or so. KT tore them up last year on limited carries. Also would it hurt to try and run to the outside-toss sweeps a few times ?? Get rid of the useless TE's unless they are going to spread Goolsby outside to unclutter the box and go to some 2 back stuff using Joyer to lead block or motion Jones out of the backfield and get him the ball when he's in there with KT or BP. Maybe a little more misdirection in the running game and a reverse or 2 with Debose to keep them honest on defense. Try Showers or Bailey in the slot please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.